NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

PROWLER5 - 4/11/24 - STRIPED BASS REPORT - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 04-11-2024, 09:57 AM
Site Sponsor

Default PROWLER5 - 4/11/24 - STRIPED BASS REPORT

Hey gang. I only had one or two texts about going fishing today. I wasn't sure what to expect, that's why I didn't post that we would definitely be sailing today (with today's weather). But there were 3 customers down to go striped bass fishing this morning and they all volunteered to pay a little extra so we are out fishing today. Seems like a striper kind of day with the fog, a little bit of mist and the wind is starting to come on a little bit out of the east now. We are fishing up in the back where we've been fishing, nothing yet but it's only 9:45. We will NOT be sailing tomorrow (Friday) and (Saturday). We do have people coming down for Sunday's and Monday's trips. New York opens up for striped bass on Monday, April 15th. Thanks, Capt. Scott
(732) 245-6514

Last edited by Prowler 5; 04-11-2024 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: info.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:24 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: PROWLER5 - 4/11/24 - STRIPED BASS REPORT

Got to say sailing with 10 guys the other day and three today you do give it your all hope more will come down after the blow good luck
Old 04-11-2024, 10:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

This isn't a knock on anyone else but want to say what you already know. Most people fish because it's an addiction, a relief from all the other crap we deal with every day in life. You posting a report that you sailed with three guys and what sounded like slim pickings will turn heads more than a report saying you were railed and slammed them. Money drives just about everything in life so it's good to read a report concerning a situation where passion and caring about your customers enjoyment outweighs how much you put in your pocket that day. In the long run, you'll get more business from a trip like that than one with limits around the boat by 9 am. Great job Captain, a tip of my cap to you!
Old 04-12-2024, 07:01 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Excellent report and great job capt.. You worked a day for free or close to it,something most of us would not do. Might even have cost you some money to sail I imagine.... I am sure the customers appreciated it..More lucrative days on the way soon, and you deserve them... bob
Old 04-12-2024, 05:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice to see the formula can work as some customers will pay extra just to go!
More important is that you were willing to do it to get them out! Great customer service no matter what the catching is. Karma works both ways, in your case continued success.
Old 04-13-2024, 09:53 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Bill View Post
This isn't a knock on anyone else but want to say what you already know. Most people fish because it's an addiction, a relief from all the other crap we deal with every day in life. You posting a report that you sailed with three guys and what sounded like slim pickings will turn heads more than a report saying you were railed and slammed them. Money drives just about everything in life so it's good to read a report concerning a situation where passion and caring about your customers enjoyment outweighs how much you put in your pocket that day. In the long run, you'll get more business from a trip like that than one with limits around the boat by 9 am. Great job Captain, a tip of my cap to you!
Amen to that! This country has really gone down hill as their is no respect for anyone these days and to hear a report that a party boat captain sailed with 3 customers makes me think there is hope!