NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Trolled hybrids - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-18-2018, 12:01 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Trolled hybrids

Hope the photo posts.

Matt and I caught 10 hybrids yesterday, five of them about as big as this one that weighed 5 pounds, 9 ounces, five others around 15-17 inches besides one smaller. Trolled on plugs. On all of the big pond, out there in driving rain going on five hours, we never saw another boat.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:04 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Trolled hybrids

Enough with trying to upload a shot.

Here's the link. Hate to post my blog, because most of you don't care to read my personal stories, and I understand that, but if it's a pain for me to send a picture your way, forget it. You can see two pictures: www.littonsfishinglines.blogspot.com
Old 05-18-2018, 12:13 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Litton View Post
Hope the photo posts.

Matt and I caught 10 hybrids yesterday, five of them about as big as this one that weighed 5 pounds, 9 ounces, five others around 15-17 inches besides one smaller. Trolled on plugs. On all of the big pond, out there in driving rain going on five hours, we never saw another boat.
My biggest weighed five pounds, 15 ounces, a slight disappointment, because I hoped this biggest one I've caught yet would go over six. Have caught many others five and better, but none bigger yet than this one I mention from yesterday. You see a lot of pictures, yeah, but though I really don't know how much time other guys put in to get those seven, eight, nine-pound freight trains, I figure that, mostly, it does take some doing.

Love trolling plugs for them.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:34 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

nice fish!

having your own blog puts you way ahead of the game for posting pictures here on NJF because you don't have to upload them here. you can just link to the pictures you already have on your website.

start by getting the address of one of the medium sized pictures from your blog that you want to post here on NJF. with chrome you can right click on the picture and choose "Copy image address", in IE you can right click on the picture, choose Properties and then select and copy the text by "Address (URL)"

then here on NJF just press the button above where you type when you are making a post, paste that address into the dialog that pops up and it will put the link in your post for you. pretty easy! no image size restrictions!

OR, to do it manually, paste the address for the image in between IMG tags
Code:
[IMG][/IMG]
in between the ][
so for example the address for the picture of you is
Code:
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2zmJK0J7ZGw/WvzgFqfVcEI/AAAAAAAALRA/KwUJaMsbqME61XahDT-nhQQ-IISboaVlQCLcBGAs/s640/78.jpg
so you want to do something like this, but use brackets instead of parentheses (i had to use parentheses so you could view the code and see what you need to put into a post)
Code:
(IMG)https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2zmJK0J7ZGw/WvzgFqfVcEI/AAAAAAAALRA/KwUJaMsbqME61XahDT-nhQQ-IISboaVlQCLcBGAs/s640/78.jpg(/IMG)
makes this appear
Old 05-18-2018, 12:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice brids!
Old 05-18-2018, 03:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Looks like an awesome day.

The hybrids are biting good now. I just wish I could get more time on the water. This rainy weather and preparing to move out of my condo have really messed up my fishing schedule.

I was reading an article about how Hybrids are so tolerant to heat and low dissolved oxygen, they can actually be stocked in ponds. Maybe a better alternative to trout that can't survive the summer in some lakes.
Here's the article:
http://www.pondking.com/are-hybrid-s...for-your-pond/

Old 05-18-2018, 03:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Trolled hybrids

Surprised, trolling you would think that another species besides hybrids would hit, funny how that works. Nice birds !
Old 05-18-2018, 03:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Great stripes!
Old 05-18-2018, 04:07 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Nice hybrids Bruce! I went out looking for them at state park last night but got the skunk. Could hear big fishing breaking the surface but a little out of casting distance
Old 05-18-2018, 06:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Trolled hybrids

Way to go Bruce and son! You guys had some great action. Beautiful Brids dudes!!!