NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

GREENWOOD LAKE PUBLIC ACCESS UPDATE: 10/4/23 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-04-2023, 02:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default GREENWOOD LAKE PUBLIC ACCESS UPDATE: 10/4/23

Hey Everyone, hope you are all well.

Recently made phone calls to all members of the Assembly Environment and Solid Waste Committee, the groups that A 1047 bill is stalled in.

Results:

Kennedy: user mail full could not leave message
Stanley: talked to Jada the aide
Haider: left message
McKeon: talked to aide
Patrick: talked to aide..."she really doesn't have the ability ....she is subordinate and not a senior legislator.....new to job
Guardian: talked to aide
Moriarty: talked to aide

WAS TOLD BY ONE AID "THERE IS A SURPLUS BUDGET....PLENTY OF $$$$ IS AVAILABLE

Really disenfranchised in how our government works. AND THOUROUGHLY DISGUSTED!

I expressed this to an aide, " I feel like I am dealing with adult children"

Was told by another aide the following:

-it is still NOT IMPOSSIBLE to advance A1047/get it through
-continue to talk to both sides' sponsors
-there is also still time to seek more Democrats as co-sponsors on A1047....it is not a hard thing to do for a legislator even if the bill is "in process"
-contact more Democratic legislators and ask if they would be willing to co-sponsor A1047.

Right now, A1047 iS "slight partisan" introduced/referred to Assembly Environment and Sollid Waste Committee 1/11/22 AND THERE IT SITS!

(REMEMBER S987 EASILY PASSED UNANIMOUSLY IN THE SENATE WHEN WE TESTIFIED.)

A1047 LAKE ACCESS BILL SPONSORS:

AURA DUNN (R), THOMAS GIBLIN (D), JAY WEBBER (R), CLINTON CALABRESE (D), VICKI FLYNN (R), PAUL MORIARTY (D), BETHANNE PATRICK (R), KEVIN ROONEY (R), BETH SAWYER (R), GERARD SCHARFENBERGER (R), F. PARKER SPACE (R), HAROLD WIRTHS (R)

R9 D3

We need more DEMOCRATIC SPONSORS...PLEASE......REACH OUT IN YOUR DISTRICT TO DEMOCRATIC ASSEMBLYMEN/WOMEN AND ASK THEM TO SIGN ON TOP BE A CO-SPONSOR TO A 1047.....EXPLAIN THE IMPORTANCE OF ACCESS TO A STOCKED STATE OWNED LAKE.

Also, JUST AS IMPORTANT: I KNOW I SOUND LIKE A BROKEN RECORD BUT PLEASE

FLOOD THE PHONE/TEXT THE 2 FOLLOWING INDIVUALS PUSHING TO HAVE A1047 VOTED ON AND MOVED OUT OF COMMITTEE:

ASSEMBLYMAN JAMES KENNEDY (CHAIR) ASSEMBLY ENVIRONMENT AND SOLID WASTE COMMITTEE 732-943-2660 asmkennedy@njleg.org

ASSEMBLYMAN CRAIG COUGHLIN (SPEAKER OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY) PUSH HIM TO ASK KENNEDY TO MOVE 1047

732-855-7441 asmcoughlin@njleg.org

One of the aides I spoke with told me this, "I am not supposed to be telling you this"...but...told me flat out: regarding certain bills sponsored by rep/dem it comes down to "WE CAN'T GIVE YOU THAT WIN ON A CAMPAIGN RECORD".....and this is an upcoming campaign year and they are in a Lame Duck Session.

More worried about victories on each side rather than working for the people....US the guys and gals that voted them in! THOROUGHLY DISGUSTING!

PLEASE CONTINUE TO HELP US....WE HAVE UNTIL JANUARY

MUCH THANKS TO YOU ALL.....TAKES JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES!

UFANJ

Last edited by muskynut; 10-07-2023 at 03:51 PM..