NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fluke Teasers? - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips Share your tips on fishing here.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:51 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Fluke Teasers?

I use figure 8 knots, both on the teaser and on the bottom for the bucktail.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:04 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

two ounce bucktail tipped with swimming mullet, 12-18 inches above I tie a dropper loop with the 1/4 ounce bucktail already in the loop. Tip that with swimming mullet. I cast upcurrent and twitch my wrist almost dragging the bottom spro and getting the action i want on the teaser. We all know I tend to loose rigs in the rocks this way, but it works VERY well in the bay.

The key to tying the dropper loop is keeping some pressure on the loop while pulling the ends.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:29 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Shrimpman, you're right. And if you're tying it with mono for fluorocarbon, just give it a little push and it should tighten up more.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:49 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I use a dropper loop 12 - 18 inches above with a red gami 4/0 up top either with a skirt , bait, new penny shrimpies or swimming mullets - also throw on the 1/4 to 3/4 spro-like teaser on the top. Color or bait of choice on the teaser depends on what is working for me that day/area/week/tide/depth you get the idea.

When I make the dropper loop I pull the loop while sliding the ends of the knot and push towrds the middle were they meet for a snug fit (just like the shrimpman posted) - if that makes any sense to anyone but me???

Dano thank you for that link kiwi dropper loop looks awsome and will give it a try this year .

Good luck this year everyone

Gdubya-Out hopefully in 4 or 6 weeks -
Old 05-13-2010, 09:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I've had trouble in the past trying to get a small 2oz bucktail or a 3/0 Gami on a 40-50# dropper loop. I like to go this heavy so the dropper sticks out straight and doesnt foul the main line. Any recomendations other than bringing down the rig test? I know some have used tubing on the lighter test to keep it more horizontal for bottom dwellers, could this be an option as well for fluke?

Has anyone tried tying the dropper with the hook already threaded through it? Imagine that's prob not too complicated may even help pull the loop through the twists but will the hook slide up and down the loop and not present the bait/teaser as needed?

Another option is to go the three-way swivel route and then snell the hook...but with more terminal tackle chances for tangles and fouling increase

Trial and error I guess, fish what works for you but you wont know unless you try different things...just look at Chaz Bono

http://www.samesame.com.au/news/inte...o-is-a-man.htm
Supporter SSFFF
Founder & President FGGF
Old 05-13-2010, 10:17 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I know a few that fish heavy mono and will cut the dropper loop on one side and then tie the teaser onto the strand. Haven't heard any of them complain that the line broke or slipped.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:31 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyReeler

Has anyone tried tying the dropper with the hook already threaded through it? Imagine that's prob not too complicated may even help pull the loop through the twists but will the hook slide up and down the loop
If I am using teasers with small eyes, I will thread it on and position it on the loop of the dropper while tying the dropper. Easy to do. The hook will move on the loop but never caused a problem for me, maybe a little more action. Using 40/50 leader should reduce the hook swing on the dropper
Old 05-13-2010, 01:54 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Q: When is a teaser not a teaser?
A: When it gets the majority of your fish.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsmith
Q: When is a teaser not a teaser?
A: When it gets the majority of your fish.

ha ha ha

then YOU can give me all your bucktails and YOU can use bank sinkers to hold your "TEASER" by the bottom. DEAL??
Old 05-13-2010, 04:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyReeler
I've had trouble in the past trying to get a small 2oz bucktail or a 3/0 Gami on a 40-50# dropper loop. I like to go this heavy so the dropper sticks out straight and doesnt foul the main line. Any recomendations other than bringing down the rig test? I know some have used tubing on the lighter test to keep it more horizontal for bottom dwellers, could this be an option as well for fluke?

Has anyone tried tying the dropper with the hook already threaded through it? Imagine that's prob not too complicated may even help pull the loop through the twists but will the hook slide up and down the loop and not present the bait/teaser as needed?

Another option is to go the three-way swivel route and then snell the hook...but with more terminal tackle chances for tangles and fouling increase

Trial and error I guess, fish what works for you but you wont know unless you try different things...just look at Chaz Bono

http://www.samesame.com.au/news/inte...o-is-a-man.htm
I tie a jig or Spro right into the dropper loop. Just put on the line first and then pull through the loop when you pull it tight.
Supporter and Member of RFA/NJ
IGFA Member
www.sharkbite-bucktails.com