NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

VMC Inline Single Hooks - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 03-10-2016, 02:22 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default VMC Inline Single Hooks

Soooo many bluefish last year :http://www.njfishing.com/forums/imag...es/eek.gifeek: I am looking to switch out ALL of my treble hooks on my diving plugs to the VMC Sinle in lines. Looking for input any pros (besides the obvious) any cons except cost??
Old 03-10-2016, 03:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: VMC Inline Single Hooks

I'm interested in doing the same....what size would you put on a Stretch 25? I'm thinking a 5/0 VMC single inline.

"Marie's Dream" 1985 21' Trophy
Homeport: Allamuchy, NJ
Old 03-11-2016, 07:33 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

I went with 5/0 for the belly hook and 6/0 for the tail hook. I wonder if the tail hook should face point up or point down or will it make a difference either way. Time will tell I guess the fish will tell me what works best.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:13 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Owner American came out with a hook called the Single Replacement Hook specifically to replace treble hooks on plugs. The attachement hook eye runs in line and on the same plane as the bend of the hook, not 90 degrees to the hook bend as most single hooks. The hooks are mounted on the same split ring that are found on most plugs so the hook point rides down at the belly of the plug and upward for the tail hook. For more details you can go to ownerhooks.com
Old 03-11-2016, 08:18 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmeow View Post
Owner American came out with a hook called the Single Replacement Hook specifically to replace treble hooks on plugs. The attachement hook eye runs in line and on the same plane as the bend of the hook, not 90 degrees to the hook bend as most single hooks. The hooks are mounted on the same split ring that are found on most plugs so the hook point rides down at the belly of the plug and upward for the tail hook. For more details you can go to ownerhooks.com
That's the same style hook we are referring to.

"Marie's Dream" 1985 21' Trophy
Homeport: Allamuchy, NJ
Old 03-19-2016, 03:26 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quin T Rex View Post
Soooo many bluefish last year :http://www.njfishing.com/forums/imag...es/eek.gifeek: I am looking to switch out ALL of my treble hooks on my diving plugs to the VMC Sinle in lines. Looking for input any pros (besides the obvious) any cons except cost??
Changed mine out last season, didn't see any change in lure action, no more trebles in the way, I put the 5/0 in front and the 6/0 in the rear, use what you think is best for the size lure you use. Picture for ref.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vmc.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	94090