NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Why do you fish???? - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 01-29-2024, 04:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Why do you fish????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
So only a few posts mention bringing home fresh fish as why they fish. Just by looking at the responses the majority fish for many other reasons that has nothing to with keeping fish.

Makes me wonder why we bitch about regs all the time.
I fish And hunt for exactly that , besides all the great things of being outdoors .

I chamber seal both fish and game so it’s at its freshest it can be .
I know exactly how it was handled, that no bullshit went into its feed and processing .

The amount of money it costs to run and maintain a boat will never come close to breaking even for what fish can be bought for .
But no way should we have to buy commercially caught fish we are forced to throw back .

Fresh ocean fish is a TREASURE of living here in NJ or a coastal state .
You don’t see other states treasured native foods being sold nationally like fish is .
You want , elk , moose , caribou etc you need to go and get it yourself .
We should feel the same way about the fish here .

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club
Old 01-29-2024, 04:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
So only a few posts mention bringing home fresh fish as why they fish. Just by looking at the responses the majority fish for many other reasons that has nothing to with keeping fish.

Key word Duff being OPPORTUNITY! My complaints are not as much about bag and size (which are still Valid complaints as I think they are headed in the wrong direction on fluke and SB ) MY main concern is about opportunity as if you let this keep going on the current path the opportunity will be gone.

To me pushing for the longest seasons is what keeps the opportunity in the mix, the day we agree to shorter seasons regardless of bag / size the shorter seasons become the norm and then they can still reduce bag / add size. Then what? 2 months on the water.

If they ever shut down a fishery to rebuild it you think we get the opportunity back if the stock rebuilds ? How many years?

Just want the ability to fish more days that not.
Old 01-29-2024, 05:02 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529 View Post
Key word Duff being OPPORTUNITY! My complaints are not as much about bag and size (which are still Valid complaints as I think they are headed in the wrong direction on fluke and SB ) MY main concern is about opportunity as if you let this keep going on the current path the opportunity will be gone.

To me pushing for the longest seasons is what keeps the opportunity in the mix, the day we agree to shorter seasons regardless of bag / size the shorter seasons become the norm and then they can still reduce bag / add size. Then what? 2 months on the water.

If they ever shut down a fishery to rebuild it you think we get the opportunity back if the stock rebuilds ? How many years?

Just want the ability to fish more days that not.
Oh boy... Back to regulations right where Duffy wanted this to go

BTW I'm with you Dales... Longer seasons = more opportunities and days you at least have SOMETHING to fish for.

As far as why people bitch about the regulations... In spite of their best efforts and science, the regulations, which is how they manage our fisheries, don't seem to be working out for the fish or the fishermen.

Sorry Duffy.... How bout them Bruins

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 01-29-2024, 05:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

At least yall know where I was transparently going with this.

Maybe just start in the footsteps of Frugal and do what ya want.

And for the record Big Z……we are a first line Center who can win faceoffs away from winning. Bank it.

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 01-29-2024, 05:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski View Post
Oh boy... Back to regulations right where Duffy wanted this to go

BTW I'm with you Dales... Longer seasons = more opportunities and days you at least have SOMETHING to fish for.

As far as why people bitch about the regulations... In spite of their best efforts and science, the regulations, which is how they manage our fisheries, don't seem to be working out for the fish or the fishermen.

Sorry Duffy.... How bout them Bruins
Hey now Duff opened it to regulations saying " why do we bitch about (wait for it) REGULATIONS"
Old 01-29-2024, 05:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
At least yall know where I was transparently going with this.

Maybe just start in the footsteps of Frugal and do what ya want.

And for the record Big Z……we are a first line Center who can win faceoffs away from winning. Bank it.
Still dont believe Frugal does what we wants on the water just here in post land!

Bruins like Cowgirls first round and done
Old 01-29-2024, 05:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:

You're comparing personal reasons we fish to why so much focus on government mandated regulations directly impacting the health of fish stocks clearly in too many cases not working. Two different questions. Case in point. When's the last time anyone on this site went winter flounder fishing? For me it's been maybe 30 years. Doesn't change my answer of why I enjoy fishing but to the extent other fisheries are headed in the same direction as winter flounder, I think we all should be concerned with clearly failed regulations impacting the health of any stock.

My biggest concern is future generations are going to be referring to recreational fishing in the past tense. They won't be afforded the same opportunities we've been to make personal choices and enjoy this great activity because if we ignore the management of these stocks these resources won't be around for anybody to enjoy.
Old 01-29-2024, 06:10 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Reasons why people are not complaining about not keeping fish on these posts:

1. Many of these folks have already stopped fishing

2. Globalists don't care about anything we say....bringing something up to them makes them more determined to hurt us further because that is what they love to do....hurt people which makes them feel better about themselves

3. Old time fishermen were not the rich and leisure...like today's "fishermen" are......they are probably trying to somehow pay the exhorbitant globalist bills that we now endure from our new "gods"

4. The "good feelings" about fishing are gone with all this BS and it is too aggravating to say anything since nothing good happens....only more regulations...like Russia, China and the other Globalist Tyrannies
Old 01-29-2024, 06:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingSinceIWasThree View Post
Reasons why people are not complaining about not keeping fish on these posts:

1. Many of these folks have already stopped fishing

2. Globalists don't care about anything we say....bringing something up to them makes them more determined to hurt us further because that is what they love to do....hurt people which makes them feel better about themselves

3. Old time fishermen were not the rich and leisure...like today's "fishermen" are......they are probably trying to somehow pay the exhorbitant globalist bills that we now endure from our new "gods"

4. The "good feelings" about fishing are gone with all this BS and it is too aggravating to say anything since nothing good happens....only more regulations...like Russia, China and the other Globalist Tyrannies
I feel sorry for you and would be happy to take you on one my fishing trips so you can re-live the passion of fishing and all the good in it so you can remember its about fishing not politics. PM me if you want to go. I will even pick you up and drive you home.
Old 01-29-2024, 06:51 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529 View Post
I feel sorry for you and would be happy to take you on one my fishing trips so you can re-live the passion of fishing and all the good in it so you can remember its about fishing not politics. PM me if you want to go. I will even pick you up and drive you home.
I welcome that but what about the other thousands of people who are being crushed by the tyrannical, anti-human being nonsense....will you take them all?