NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Funny Fishing Stories - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 02-06-2024, 05:21 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Funny Fishing Stories

When I first moved to the Jersey shore, about 20 years ago, I reacclimated myself ocean fishing patronizing a large party boat that mostly catered to tourist crowds in the summer on half day trips. I became friendly with a couple of the mates. After a few weeks I found out on Saturdays and Sundays the mates usually had a pool between themselves on who the first person on the boat would be to get seasick. One mate I got to know pretty well told me his strategy was always bet on the person with the newest pair of sneakers and/or nicest clothes.
Old 02-07-2024, 02:12 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

A ways back I was at the Ah Marina and this guy was backing his boat down the ramp, while his wife held the lines and walked alongside. She calls him trying to tell him something and he just yells at her to shut up so he can concentrate, she tries again and again gets the shut up from her husband, the third time she calls him he tells her to shut up and just hold the rope stupid. So she does and he gets the boat in the water. By the time he parks gets back to the boat he is ankle deep in water. His wife calmly hands him the plug and says, "I was trying to tell you that you gave me this to hold but you told me to shut up".

Last edited by Offshoreafflicted; 02-07-2024 at 02:14 PM..
Old 02-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offshoreafflicted View Post
A ways back I was at the Ah Marina and this guy was backing his boat down the ramp, while his wife held the lines and walked alongside. She calls him trying to tell him something and he just yells at her to shut up so he can concentrate, she tries again and again gets the shut up from her husband, the third time she calls him he tells her to shut up and just hold the rope stupid. So she does and he gets the boat in the water. By the time he parks gets back to the boat he is ankle deep in water. His wife calmly hands him the plug and says, "I was trying to tell you that you gave me this to hold but you told me to shut up".
Classic.... Open mouth and insert foot

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 03-02-2024, 09:46 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

A young fellow brought his non fishing girlfriend on the Sea Tiger for a fluke trip. She landed a fluke and was amazed by the coloring and both eyes on the top. A short time later she caught a sea Robin. Again...what in the... orange and white, wings and croaks like a seal. She later pulls in a star gazer. She's told that it is able to deliver an electric shock.
By now she's blow away by all the strange stuff in the ocean. As the trip ended, she hooks up again and lifts in her fish just as the Capt. blew the horn 3 times . The mate tells her she has caught a "whistle fish". She gives him a look and says" no way., that's a fluke".
Old 03-03-2024, 05:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I guess 30-35 years ago I was half-assed mating on a Grady (winter-reworked all the trolling gear) and took turns with hookups, black-purple on the shotgun goes off, owner's son (was a lineman at Delaware), grabs the rod, 15 minutes later, after a hell of a fight, we have color, an empty Bud 30 pack. I relinquished and let him have next run off. Didn't happen that day but funny as hell as I gaffed it!!!!
John M. missed and always remembered
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead (Jimmy Buffett)