NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Pike-a-thon 2014, june 28-29 - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:27 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Pike-a-thon 2014, june 28-29

JonS, I will send you a PM with my email and phone in a few minutes. Hope to get in contact with you shortly. Your generosity and thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanx a bunch. I look forward to talking with you.

Alright gang! We're 3 days away from the contest. It looks to be a lovely weekend for a paddle. Hope to see some lurkers and members come out of the woodwork for this event. Small craft, kayaks, canoes and inner tubes, come on out. Don't be bashful. Day 1, Saturday, meeting at Aquaduct park @ 8 am. 10 bucks per man. The angler with the biggest Pike at the end of the 2 days takes the GREEN.

Day 2, Sunday, meeting at the Elmwood park access across the street from EPHS @ 8 am. See you guys out there. Let's get em!

YEA BUDDY!!! TIGHT LINEZ!!!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 11:38 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Pike-a-thon 2014, june 28-29

Im hoping to get out Sunday morning, Ill be a first time Passaic kayaker. Ill probably be donating $10 but have been looking forward to fishing the river since I got the boat. I usually jinx myself when I bring I camera I never catch anything, when I don’t I do. How do you guys plan on catch/photo/release pike from a kayak with a non water proof camera phone? It just sounds like a bad idea lol.

also, when I googlemap check the highschool area it looks to be pretty far away from the river? is that where we are fishing or just meeting up and going from there?

Last edited by phil; 06-25-2014 at 11:53 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 12:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
also, when I googlemap check the highschool area it looks to be pretty far away from the river? is that where we are fishing or just meeting up and going from there?
Look right across River Dr. and you will see what looks like a paved parking lot right on the river. That's the launch.

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216
Old 06-25-2014, 01:59 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScowardNJ View Post
Look right across River Dr. and you will see what looks like a paved parking lot right on the river. That's the launch.

cool thanks.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Alright boyz and girlz, It's getting close!!! PIKE-A-THON 2014 goes down this weekend.
Day 1, Saturday, we'll be meeting @ Aquaduct Park. It's on the north side of Boonton Ave (rt 202) in Lincoln Park on the Pompton river.
Day 2, Sunday, we'll be meeting at the Dundee lake access, across the street from EPHS. Very easy to get to from rt 80.

Also. I met with the man himself today, owner/ founder of NJF.com, Gerry Z. He kindly donated some t-shirts and bumper stickers for the event. Thanx Gerry, we all appreciate it. I'll give the shirts away to the anglers that came the closest to placing. Placing? What do I mean placing? Oh yea, I almost forgot, JonS of The Kayak Fishing store is kindly donating 1st, 2nd and 3rd place gift cards to his store for the event. I think the denominations are 50, 35 and 25 bucks, YEA BUDDY! In addition to that The Kayak Fishing store looks like its going to come back as an NJF.com sponsor. That is AWESOME news. Jon if you'd like to post details on what your donating, please feel free to do so. Thanx again for everything. You are THE MAN!!! So fellaz, that's it pretty much. If there's any questions feel free to PM me or call me if you have my number. I'm here to answer any and all questions.

Thanx again to Jon and Gerry for the AWESOME donations. See you out there this weekend.

IT'S GO TIME!!!!! YEA BUDDY!!!! TIGHT LINEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice work Eddie! Huge thanks to Gerry and Jon for supporting this event!!!!

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216
Old 06-26-2014, 10:15 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Hope you all have a great time. We're very fortunate to have guys like Fast Eddie around here to keep things fun and interesting.

Thanks for putting this together Eddie

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 06-26-2014, 12:31 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Hi all. I'll be at the launch before I open the shop on Saturday.

We're going to be offering gift certificates to the store
Largest pike by measurement - $50
Second - $35
Third - $25

If you would like to participate in the kayak fishing prizes you need to be fishing from a kayak and take a picture of the kayak. Just need a date stamp on the pic or in the properties. That's it.

I'll be there Sunday. I won't be competing as I'll be motoring around in a Native Ultimate FX 12 with a Bassyak and taking video and pictures. I'll fish too or course.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:15 AM
NJFishing.com Member

I'm in and I got one more guy to come with me, see you Guys there tomorrow
Old 06-27-2014, 12:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

WOW, great stuff there FE !! One word, bug spray