NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NY saltwater license ? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:22 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default NY saltwater license ?

has anyone else here purchased the new License ?
According to the NY DEC site the license runs from January to December,
Just recieved mine in the mail, and its dated from Ocotober 09 good till September 2010.
wondering if they changed the license to the format they use for all the rest of their licenses ??

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club
Old 10-15-2009, 05:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: NY saltwater license ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer4reel
has anyone else here purchased the new License ?
According to the NY DEC site the license runs from January to December,
Just recieved mine in the mail, and its dated from Ocotober 09 good till September 2010.
wondering if they changed the license to the format they use for all the rest of their licenses ??
maybe they sent you the fresh water too see if ya have a sence of humor..

I marched 3/21/2012
No Facebook No Twitter No Text
Old 10-15-2009, 05:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: NY saltwater license ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics
maybe they sent you the fresh water too see if ya have a sence of humor..

HA HA thats the first thing I checked LOL
fresh water license is ALOT more money

Old 10-16-2009, 08:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hey Dan. There's lots of confusion on this issue because, as you point out, the license says one thing and the regulations say another.

According to my NY fishing friends the 2009 license expires on 12/31/09. Furthermore, my NY friends who bought a lifetime license were also surprised when they received their "lifetime" licences which had an expiration date !!

From the NY DEC website FAQs section (http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/54950.html) :

"If I purchase a recreational marine fishing license for Fall 2009, do I need to purchase another one to fish in 2010?
Yes. Since the license year runs the same as a calendar year, all recreational marine fishing licenses expire on midnight December 31 of a given year."

I don't know about the format the NY DEC uses for the rest of their licenses, but I hope this info helps those who may be unaware of the ambiguity.

If a NJ party or charter boat is fishing NY waters, they'd better be NYSDEC- licensed. I'd hate to think of the maelstrom it would cause if NJ boats are boarded by NY DEC enforcers and confiscate equipment

BTW - I understand that it's already being enforced. Even though the regs were just put in force on 10/1/2009, there's NO grace period. I lifted this from quote from a NY fishing site:

". . . NYC Park Police were confiscating people's fishing equipment who didnt have licenses & were fishing off the FDR drive . . . . "
Old 10-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Site Sponsor

Dan,
Yes, we are screwed once again!! The licence is only good Oct. to the end of Dec. Then you gotta start from scratch! For us it's $650. Only wish that came with a promise of MORE FISH.
With this though, you get the pleasure of the D.E.C. boarding you with 45's, going through every nook and cranny on your boat looking for short fish. Guess it wouldn't be so bad, if they only smiled while greasing you!!! Enjoy.....Capt.ron
Old 10-16-2009, 11:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1captainron
Dan,
Yes, we are screwed once again!! The licence is only good Oct. to the end of Dec. Then you gotta start from scratch! For us it's $650. Only wish that came with a promise of MORE FISH.
With this though, you get the pleasure of the D.E.C. boarding you with 45's, going through every nook and cranny on your boat looking for short fish. Guess it wouldn't be so bad, if they only smiled while greasing you!!! Enjoy.....Capt.ron

Ron , I recieved my license its not showing the dates as shown on ther DEC site,
its dated VALID 10-01-2009 thru 9-30-2010
so im wondering if they made a mistake or made a change ?
guess NOBODY else here purchased one ?

Last edited by hammer4reel; 10-16-2009 at 11:20 AM..