NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Best rod for cod. - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 05-01-2013, 07:20 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Best rod for cod.

thanks for all the info and help!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:27 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lots of custom options, but with the time until your trip it probably takes that route out of the equation. I personally like something moderate fast 8' with a long butt for swinging jigs all day. If you have any long tuna jig rods or tilefish rods they will probably handle the duty. If you have any other questions feel free to give me a call.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:53 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

just got in touch with Bogan's there going to make me a rod! pretty pumped this will be my first custom rod. thanks again everyone for the help!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Kevin will build you a great rod for an affordable price that should last you a lifetime. Best of luck
Old 05-03-2013, 12:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknreel
Thanks guys. Do I have time
To have a custom rod made I'm fishing mormorial
Day weekend?

Most builders will probably squeeze you in there for a build.

We started playing with an idea 2-3 years ago and its been on fire for our customers. We took the same concept & design that you see in todays popping/jigging rods and applied it to tile, cod, grouper, bottom/wreck rods. In English: we have rods that will fish a wide range such as 3-18 ounces, or 5- 30 ounces just the same, while keeping them ultralight weight and thin.

The rods are made in lengths from 7' - 8'6" and look like a fluke rod at first glance, but they are landing halibut, grouper, tilefish and such. ( in fact we owe a rod to a member here who is going to give us his feedback, but his rod has been sold 3X. Soon as it hits the rack for people to see, it walks out the door. )

The days of heavier rods are pretty much over now and the use of these new materials are proving to be pretty amazing if you ask me. Some adjustments in guide spacing, over all layout and you are getting all of the benefits of the same rods you see these 200#-300# tuna being caught on. Lightweight, easy to fish and puts a serious hurting on the fish, not the angler.

Look into something like this before you pull the trigger. We build them, but Im sure another builder would be able to help you out too if you dont want to use us.
I think your going to start seeing alot more of this being done. We have not been able to find the negative side to it and have even had a couple new blank models made for us after presenting the concept to the engineers of the blank manufacturer! I use them and the range is incredible. Imagine being able to drop a 4oz sinker and a 24oz sinker with the same rod and have it fish the same? You cant beat it!

We offer a Lifetime Warranty on all of our custom rods. It covers any manufacturer defects and our craftsmanship. Should we ever go away, your still covered by the manufacturer on the parts. Yes.... we are that sure of these rods. lol.