NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

PUOSU VIII - 12/12 and 12/19 - Page 33 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:33 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: PUOSU VIII - 12/12 and 12/19

While waiting for Jmur to post the official odds, here is my take

There is a reson “Former” is in the name, all make cut, none repeat
River Rat - Former PUOSU Winner
Scotty - Former PUSOSU Winner -
Rob B - Former PUOSU winner
JLRotary - Former PUOSU winner

Gerry – Those who can, win, those that can’t create a web site about it Makes next trip based on site owners exemption
Alex MVP – top 5 in talent, will he be too busy being a good guy to win?
Hartattack – puts in the time, makes cut, maybe Shrimpy can resuscitate his winning chances
Lefty Reeler – fished next to him a couple PUOSU’s ago, will catch, will have a really good time, will not win
Joey Dah Fish – read once or twice on site he was dropped on his head as a child. Too busy telling everybody about some fluke he once caught
CadiShackFishing – gets no respect
Dales – another guy that is too good at being a good guy to actually fish enough to win
HDMarc – uses a blackfish as a prop in his picture, question is did he catch it or borrow it
KurtisB – my odds on favorite to win
Joetheplumber – we are not fishing in Brooklyn
SaltLife – poses with a fluke, will be a fluke if he makes the cut
Stelios – If Kurtis doesn’t win, the big guy is overdue
Blackfish Bobby – Home boat, named himself after the target and still has never won. Maybe always the bridesmaid, never the bride
Reel Ron – having a good season so far, makes the cut but doesn’t crack top 5
Dupes – see a post where he outfished Blackfish Bobby, BB will cut his line if he sees a big one coming
Sven of the hook – Seems to fish a lot with Gerry and JdF, you are judged by the company you keep. Misses the cut
Taxman – forgets that tax you strive for zero, fishing you try for max. might catch a keeper this year which would be one better than last. No chance unless I snag one
Thing1 – Only wins if dad hooks it and passes pole to him like he did when he was young. Will make the cut due to good genes
DFish – see a lot of recent posts, none with blackfish, no chance
King of the knoll – This ain’t stripers and it is many, many years since that competition. Good to see you join for oldtimes sake, no need to keep next Saturday free
AWD3 – only 22 posts? Nice whale picture
Gbgeorge – Owns a fishing systems company, almost as good as owning a website
Bacala – another ringer that never rises to the top, makes cut, cheers winner
Hookset - will be too busy jigging near and harassing JMur to win
Dupes – he ain’t no thing 2
Islander II – Selling boats, does this mean the fish won?
Foul Hook – name describes only way he makes cut
Small Fry – 1 post total, does name describe catch?
Snafu777 – Is your name for the rig or the number of screwed up trips?
SportfishingUSA – wins funniest guy award, top 5 in beer consumption, makes cut, barely
PABeerGuy – Can’t be mean to the beer guy  makes cut just for the brew
JMurr – side kick to the funny guy, same results
Quanman – will arrive with wine, will leave with a whine of didn’t make the cut
Lingking20 – this isn’t ling, I am getting 5 extra rigs just for you when you run out,
Broken Bobber – this isn’t the TNT where you can avoid the crowd but does have the intangibles on his side. Emotional odds on favorite, top 3 finish
Fat Fish Stick – is name your bait or what you will be having for dinner after missing the cut?
Two Guys Rod – should have no chance, but just like the little girl with a Barbie pole, sometimes the unexpected happens
Old 12-09-2015, 08:34 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpman steve View Post
I will help wherever needed.
You helped us out by bailing on us! Just kidding Steve, you know you'll be missed....just be really careful with Resusci Anne, I hear she's really fertile
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-12-09-08-28-31-1614377973.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	92390   Click image for larger version

Name:	images-4.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	92391  
Old 12-09-2015, 09:59 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Woke up this morning from a surreal Dream. You would not believe who visited me last night. Our very own beloved LAB. Kind of freaked me out at first but thought it was important to share with you all based on his parting words to me. This is the cleaned up version of how the conversation went.

Lab- Tap on the Shoulder. What's up MVP, I see you have been doing allot of fishing lately. What the F_ck is going on, do you not work anymore.

Alex- Holy shit, what are you doing here. Is this for Real.

Lab- You better believe it Brother I Just thought i would pay you a visit and see how things are going.

Alex- Things are going pretty well. My company is going through a transition which has opened up my schedule. I am kind of a workaholic so i have decided to take this time to committing to putting my time in this year in search of that elusive 20 lb. Tog i have been dreaming about. I will probably not have opportunity like this in the future so i am all in this year.

Lab- I see from your log book that you have been killing it this year?

Alex- What else have you been seeing. You know what i do not even want to know the answer to that one. The year is starting out with a bang as have done 12 trips so far and have caught 116 Keepers. 3 fish have gone over 10 lbs with biggest going 12.7 lbs. All 3 fish were released but the last one did not make it as we tried to revive it but fish came up from deep water and did not survive so it was put to good use in my Tog Chowder.

Lab- Whats with letting all the big fish Go.

Alex- It is my way of paying it forward as i have well over 30 double digits under my belt and i know what a thrill it gives me when i catch a trophy like that. By letting it go it gives anaother angler one day to have opportunity to feel that thrill. For selfish reason i hope the Tog Gods are looking down upon me and will bless me with that 20+ pounder this year for my good deed.

What do you think my chances are this year?

Lab- You have just as much chance as anyone else on the boat that Day. You have put up the big fish 2 of the last 3 years on the OE and seemed to be dialed in this year except for a few clunker days of 3-4 keepers. But guess what MVP what you have done in the past does not mean Shit come saturday. That is why it is called PUOSU. As for your chances this sat it is not happening as you no what they say. Nice guys finish last.

Oh by the way thanks for building me the Grandpa Rod as I would have put allot of fluke to sleep with that beauty. Good luck this Saturday as you are going to need it. Tell Gerry and the guys that i appreciate all they have done for my family.

Alex- With those parting words he was gone and my eyes opened.
I have prayed to god many times to give me a sign and opportunity to speak to a few of my friends or family members that have passed but never expected Lab to be the one to show up. I guess it was his way to let us know that he is looking down upon us whatching are every move.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0014 (1) (1).jpg
Views:	248
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	92393   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0020.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	92394   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0892.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	92395   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	92396   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0974.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	92397  

Old 12-09-2015, 11:02 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Taxman - pure poetry, thanks for giving it some thought and wording it so well

MVP - see what happens when you fish more often?, LAB shows up & you vividly remember your dreams.

Can't wait for Saturday !
Old 12-09-2015, 02:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Dupes is on twice?

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 12-09-2015, 02:31 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurr711 View Post
Dupes is on twice?
Yes I pm'd Gerry
Old 12-09-2015, 02:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Put up or shut up viii odds

1.River Rat- former Champion…..has he caught a tog since? 20-1 qualify

2.Scotty- one of my good pals hell I am his emergency contact. Scotty as always finished prematurely & caught a 14lb pig with the Monger last week but he will do enough to get to the mimi. 5-1 to qualify, 2-1 burn his line with a cigar, 3-1 get mustard in his ear, 4-1 eat pasta with chopsticks,5-1 drop a rod over.

3.Rob B- another former champion that I have not sen a report from in ages unless its trying to find a good deal on gas. Blind squirrel found a nut a few years ago this year that squirrels getting run over. 50-1 qualify

4.JLRotary- to busy pouring lead to afford diapers to fish anymore. He will get a bite though. 3-1 qualify

5.Gerry Z-fearless leader, absent minded togger. Got a bigun with Jersey Hooker last week must thought it was puosu but at your age I guess you confused the dates. 40-1 to qualify

6.MVP- can catch tog from Va to Maine but I hear he is dialed in on dogfish in NJ. He will qualify. 10-1

7.Hartattack- what a nice guy, I am sure Santa will be nice to him but the tog gonna make him look silly. 25-1

8.LeftyReeler- my homie & a great dude to party with but couldn’t catch the flu sharing a drink with Charlie Sheen. 50-1

9.Joey Dah Fish- oh boy………according to Captain Hank on the Monger he is gonna win. He has been putting in his time apparently & really learning. Caught a togasoreass. But this is PUOSU NO CHANCE. He will be licking windows & hugging strangers but he will qualify 5-1 only cause of Hanks influence

10.CadiShackFishing- “I’m alright…don’t nobody worry about me” winning 30-1 qualify

11.Dales- need a fundraiser ran this is the guy, unfortunately tog don’t buy 50/50. 40-1 to qualify

12.HDMarc- haven’t seen a report since opening day & apparently there was a cooler malfunction… I love a good excuse for not catching. Marc will catch 1for the next round but not the 1. 10-1

13.KurtisB- my Va roomate, the most interesting fisherman in the world. If he could use the banjo minnow game over but this is togging.He is due. 3-1 qualify

14.Joetheplumber -cool name……. just like his hero Sarah palin he is gonna lose & vanish into the Alaskan sunset. 25-1

15.SaltLife-a lot of posts but do not see many reports hope he has a cool sicker & hat to match the screen name…… 20-1

16.Stelios- my big brother has had an interesting year going to bed bath & beyond & buying blinds with his beautiful wife. Think he went tuna fishing once & then caught a bergal opening day. He has been way to silent for way to long 3-1

17.Blackfish Bobby- apparently is the greatest togger to ever live & has already been crowned champion by the “special” Zagorski. Look Bobby can fish & can pull 2-5lbs all day but the 1 that matters is gonaa break that 6lb fouro leader. He will prolly #orl & will be on the Mimi. 3-1

18.Reel Ron- my illegitimate father. Been going 8 days a week since tog opened but haven’t seen much in the way of pulling maybe all those pier 1 trips with his son in law got him off his game. He will qualify 4-1

19.Dupes- to busy cutting bobby’s crabs & rubbing his back. 25-1

20.Sven of the hook- Joey Z “partner” (not that there’s anything wrong with that) caught a 10lb with Monger Saturday & won a tournament! WOW WAY TO GO but heres bad news Everyone catches a 10 on the monger I got 5 over 10 in 7 years for lords dsake & I suck. Lets see him do it on a party boat. 25-1 to qualify

21.Taxman- to busy trying to help Gerry Z get a write off for the Christmas party to fish & he had the balls to call me Ragusa sidekick when we all know we have a mutual partnership he just makes more $. 750-1 I will personally make sure he does not qualify for that comment.

22.Thing1- quiet kid, fishing 10lb flouro with his pop will catch a 3lb & qualify but if ya wanna learn about life come to the stern with me & Uncle Sportfishingusa.8-1

23.DFish- another one of my homeboys & can fish I have a feeling he will make some noise. 3-1

24.King of the knoll- 2 posts, quite the contributor to the site…….maybe he is to busy fishing but until I see him or her in action he goes down the list. 100-1

25.AWD3- cool picture of a whale a couple weeks ago maybe you can go help Wilson with the photography & leave the fishing to us. 500-1

26.Gbgeorge- apparently a site sponsor so I am not allowed to say anything bad & better give him good odds or Mr.Z will ban me. 20-1

27.Bacala- my big brothers good buddy….i’ve seen him tog….stick to tuna. 15-1

28.Hookset- getting us crabs so I am being nice to him. He will qualify. 3-1

29.Islander II- been putting up reports & won $ on the gaffer the other day. Seems like he has been doing well so I got to give him a shot. 8-1

30.Foul Hook- oh boy……don’t even bring a rod just bring a cup & designated driver. 5,000-1

31.Small Fry- who? 1 post…….. 200-1

32.Snafu777- cool name that’s a blackfish rig! That gets ya nothing here. 100-1

33.SportfishingUSA- my bff & partner in crime as well as Team#ORL. I have watched Vinnie limit out with ease in 2 states. He will qualify with his PB 5lb fish Saturday.3-1

34.PABeerGuy- bringing beer so he is ok in my book. 20-1

35.JMurr- 15 in april, 5 in an hour November 8th, 8 on opening day, 13 the next trip, 11 the next & 12 yesterday ORL on every trip. SO I am better looking than all of yas, smarter than all of yas, funnier than all of yas & now a better togger than all of us! But this is PUOSU & it’s all about the memory OF LAB sooooo 1,000,000,000-1

36.Quanman- bringing wine…I don’t drink wine stay in Nappa & Sonoma. 100-1

37.Lingking20- no doubt I love ling sh!t I swam in a pile of 500 in July & got hate mail but this is togging & if you use ling skills ur fudged. 500-1

38.Broken Bobber- Mikeys #1 henchman, I am pulling for him hopefully he can feed off me & Ragusas 2-4lb life & get the 1. The Bow Monkey in the sky be looking down on ya & I am sure ridiculing. 5-1

39.Fat Fish Stick- you like fish sticks……. Seen him catch some fish with his son or his pop I dunno who’s who & that’s awesome I love the sentimentality…. This is 40 people togging not a private boat on the reef. Punchers chance 25-1

40.Two Guys Rod- I see a lot of “good job guys” posts but do not see squat about him catching. Until I see him in action 100-1

These are the early lines they will be finalized Friday in case of any dropouts or new arrivals. Good luck…………………………………………..bitches

Murr722@gmail.com

CHAMPION

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

Old 12-09-2015, 03:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I have the prize safe in my home
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lab33.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	92412  

Murr722@gmail.com

CHAMPION

Old 12-09-2015, 03:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurr711 View Post
I have the prize safe in my home
Joe, why on earth were you naked when you took this picture. Just glad the floor was not reflective.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaBeerGuy View Post
Joe, why on earth were you naked when you took this picture. Just glad the floor was not reflective.
why would I wear clothes at home doesn't everybody walk around naked?

Murr722@gmail.com

CHAMPION