NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fishermen To March On Washington, Dc - Page 6 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:24 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Fishermen To March On Washington, Dc

Got my ticket for AH bus yesterday. Who else is going on that one. Maybe we should start tread for each locations IDK

I don't mind showing up early to put together some signs for the march if anyone wants too.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:44 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

weather won't be issue
work ethic will
have so many furlough weeks this year if I'm off I'm there
Old 01-07-2010, 10:06 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Smile Re: Fishermen To March On Washington, Dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefishin09
weather won't be issue
work ethic will
have so many furlough weeks this year if I'm off I'm there
Bring the boss with you. He fishes doesn't he? I'll save you a seat on the bus.

I FISH I VOTE I MARCHED (BOTH TIMES.)
Old 01-07-2010, 12:54 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

yeah he fish's just borrowed my tackle for a blackfish trip LMAO
Old 01-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Site Sponsor

Please wake up people. There are almost 3600 views to this thread, 55 replies including mine, and after speaking to Tony Bogan yesterday there is less then one busload among all the locations. Everyone b-tches about regulations, shutdowns, short seasons, size and bag limits, etc., well here is the perfect opportunity to let Washington know we've had enough of the BS. I've read excuses such as: not wanting to drive an hour or more for a bus, could be too cold and windy, have to go to work. Well, most of us will think nothing of driving 100 miles or more to go fishing, most of us will fish in the most extreme conditions if the bite is on, and most of us will take a day off from work when the bite is on. And shame on the industry people as well. I know there are very few captains, mates, tackle shop owners and employees, boat dealers and salesmen, and marina owners and employees signed up to go. This is an opportunity to make a difference, let's not waste it.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:32 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A
Please wake up people. There are almost 3600 views to this thread, 55 replies including mine, and after speaking to Tony Bogan yesterday there is less then one busload among all the locations. Everyone b-tches about regulations, shutdowns, short seasons, size and bag limits, etc., well here is the perfect opportunity to let Washington know we've had enough of the BS. I've read excuses such as: not wanting to drive an hour or more for a bus, could be too cold and windy, have to go to work. Well, most of us will think nothing of driving 100 miles or more to go fishing, most of us will fish in the most extreme conditions if the bite is on, and most of us will take a day off from work when the bite is on. And shame on the industry people as well. I know there are very few captains, mates, tackle shop owners and employees, boat dealers and salesmen, and marina owners and employees signed up to go. This is an opportunity to make a difference, let's not waste it.

Amen brother.

People please don't make this effort by all those involved in organizing a waste.

Don't say you can't get off work. in most cases over a month is enough time to request off.

Don't say you can't make the drive. I promise you would make the drive if you had a chance of a lifetime to fish. If not you might never get that chance.

I am personally driving from the Poconos in PA and I will stop along the way (not at your house, but at park and ride or somthing along the way) and bring you with if you are saying..... "I would go but...... the drive boo hoo."

Last edited by DMac; 01-12-2010 at 10:28 AM..
Old 01-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Site Sponsor

I know of quite a few people who are definitely going, but still have not paid for a ticket.

In addition to Dave's comments (which are dead on) please keep in mind those of you who are going but have just not bought a ticket yet, that I have to process every order myself. I keep separate track of each location and each potential bus from each location (12 buses total are possible) as well as a running list to distribute to key people at each location that is updated with each purchase.

Please don't slam me the week before with orders at the last minute.

Give me some time to do this since I have to do it all in my spare time. Start now so we can get this thing rolling.

Hey Al, Kenny, Chris, etc..... WHERE ARE YOU?

We have about 10-12 boat/business owners, and only a few from this site, FROM THE ENTIRE STATE OF NJ that have purchased tickets, not counting myself and my family which have all already paid.

I see the captains and mates from these boats and others posting on here, but they sure as hell haven't spent any money getting tickets for a rally TO SAVE THEIR OWN BUSINESSES, not that many of them ever spent money on anything anyway.

I'm done keeping quiet, it is put up or shut up time for the industry.

Some may say "Oh you catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

I say "Bull$4IT" As Jeff said, Sooner or later you have to realize that all the honey in the world is not going to catch any more flies. As I said, what, are those people who never contribute anything going to contribute less than zero? (good movie by the way Are those that NEVER come to meeting going to show up less often than never?

Sorry folks, this is the end of the line. Time for the industry to step up to the plate or piss off, either way I'm in, just like I always have been along with the handful of others that are always in.

Capt. Tony Bogan

Last edited by CaptTB; 01-12-2010 at 08:37 AM..
Old 01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTB
I know of quite a few people who are definitely going, but still have not paid for a ticket.
Just ordered my bus ticket from Atlantic Highlands: fast + easy to do.

Hope to see many of my NJF friends and sponsors there !! I'll be meeting my Long Island friends (leaving from Captree boat basin) on the steps of the Capitol. Let's ensure that the NJ contingent is well represented
Old 01-12-2010, 01:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Tony's & others who posted comments on non participation does not surprise me one bit.
Given all the rallys, meetings, letter writing campaigns that I took part in for over 30 yrs., only bare bones contingents showed, this led me to believe a long time ago that most anglers will contuine not to step up! I hope I'm 180 degrees off for this event, it's like Tony stated, it's really now or never. The momentum is ever so slowly shifting nows our time to unite and act! We all lose if you don't show up in force!!!
Hell I've been driving to the shore all my life to get on mine or someones boat in all kinds of weather to fish, comparatively speaking like someone stated earlier this is a piece of cake!!
Unless I'm completly missinformed, I'll bet that industry support will follow suit,yet we still contuine to purchase their products without any recourse,you know when all's said & done we deserve what we get . It's time to get down & dirty ,lets hold everyones feet to the fire on this one. If they don't participate we should boycott their products period!!
To let this opportunity slip away due to indifferance or whatever your excuse will be, might finish us!!
If you can find any way to attend please do so,everything has been designed to compliment your attendance,to miss it would be putting us in a true position of weakness!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Will they add busses as the demand grows ? I was leaning towards Bordentown but will hold off until I find out what the rest of the crew is doing . Anyone else shoving off from Sportsmen's Center in Bordentown ?