NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Trout Union County - Page 5 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-08-2015, 07:15 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Trout Union County

They stocked today
I went fishing in 7 spots in Union county
I caught a bunch at each
That is all
Old 05-09-2015, 05:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Went looking for Union County strange today in the two hours I had. Fished only spots I had never fished before in my life. Caught 27 trout. No one must fish in Springfield as I found two spots, stocked nicely, that had not been fished in at least three weeks likely not at all this year
Old 05-10-2015, 08:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Fished today In Springfield off of Morris ave on the borderline of Union ( the old Money store 5 minutes from his house) for about 1 1/2 hrs, fished on the parking lot side not the park and right next to the bridge - typical spot were everyone fishes, took my nephew for the 3rd time in his life ( he is 9 ) with 0 fish for him ,I feel really bad for him and would love for him to just catch one.

The closest we got he threw a worm as soon as it hit the fish came up crashed it, bit the worm in half and that was it.The kid is a natural caster and cast's like a pro for his third time out and don't want to lose him but he keeps coming back and I just need 1 for him.

I was throwing couple of spinners, rapala's zilch, he was using worms, salmon eggs and power bait nothing. Saw 1 caught underneath the bridge on the otherside and it was caught on a salmon egg. Fish were breaking water most of the time when we were there just couldn't get them to bite what we had.

Before we left we cleaned up a little garbage left by people (it is amazing to me that people just leave and throw there garbage everywhere especially when there is a garbage can about 100 feet away) and to show my nephew how to take care of a resource and not be a gavone/white trash that do this.

Anyway glad to get some quality time with my nephew and I just want to get him his first fish. What really sucks is when I go without him I catch fish, last week in Clark Union County Park me and my cousin 17, 13 on power bait couple on spinners and 1 on a worm . Then a week before I got a couple and the week before that got a couple.

Wish me luck with my nephew and hopefully I get his first trout before this season is out and he doesn't lose interest in fishing

Good Luck Suntzu and Tight Lines peeps - I actually took your advice last week to take my nephew here and if anybody has any suggestions ( In Union County ) from were to catch just one I will take it ,I am desperate

GDubs- - I am officially back into trout fishing after leaving it for about 7 years

Last edited by GDubya07; 05-10-2015 at 08:35 PM..
Old 05-10-2015, 08:42 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Check your PM's