NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Njf Ice Meet-n-greet 1/11-1/12 - Page 33 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: save the date njf'ers

Uggh ! We go from no ice and snow for years to too much ice and snow ! Thanks for putting it all together, it takes time and effort.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: save the date njf'ers

Man, I haven't been on that end of GWL in years. I didn't know it was that shallow. I still had a great time regardless. Nice fire, Jameson's for breakfast along with some Hawaiin stew Mikey whipped up. All is good. Thanx for setting it up Seth. See you again real soon. Had two anglers come all the way up from Toms river, good to meet you fellas. Thanx to all that came out to give it a shot. We'll get em next time.

We went to another NNJ lake in the afternoon and caught a couple nice fish to end the day. Mikey landed a nice 32-33 inch Pike, FINALLY, LOL!!! Good stuff buddy. Myself and SkunkCity got a few slime darts on the tip-ups. ScowardNJ got on some Perch jigging, I think he got a fish on the tip-up as well, not sure. We made the best of the day and kept going til we could put a catch together. All in all a great day with some fine MANIACS! I'm ready to do it again tomorrow if anyone is interested. PM or text me for details. The show must go on. See you out there fellas.

TIGHT LINEZ!!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Possible SPRUCE RUN ICE PARTY!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxmatt View Post
Hopefully one of us will catch that guys mom next weekend!
Hey Matt, haven't seen you since Skunksville last year. Should be a good day next week and hopefully Mama will be hungry.
This was my only ice outing of the year so far and Flatcreek and I were very happy with the results.
Lots and lots of places to choose from. If we see each other early, I'll share everything I know about S.R. if you'll pick the spot. Haha
Btw, live suckers should be available.

Last edited by DRiverRat; 02-16-2014 at 06:12 PM..
Old 02-16-2014, 06:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Possible SPRUCE RUN ICE PARTY!!!!!

Ok, who's coming to Spruce to catch the MONSTER? It will be a little sloppy on top but there's plenty of ice for all to share. It's gotta be 12 inches thick by now. Make sure your feet are waterproof. If your not swingin for the fences than don't step in the box. Does anyone have any big baits I can rent for a couple hours? I'll kindly give them back at the end of the day, as long as I don't get a MONSTER!

TIGHT LINEZ!!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:32 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Possible SPRUCE RUN ICE PARTY!!!!!

I'll bring some extra dead baits. If anyone is near Hong Kong Supermarket in East Brunswick they have good bait. They have packs of frozen sardines and white herring which look like an 8" bunker shaped alewive.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: save the date njf'ers

Nice to see the boys and meet some southern brothren too!
Glad you guys got something going !!!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 02-16-2014, 07:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question Re: Possible SPRUCE RUN ICE PARTY!!!!!

Are you going into the main entrance or are you going in at Spruce Run Creek by the Toyota dealer ?
Old 02-16-2014, 08:08 PM
iceehot6766

Sorry You guys has a bummer of a day but you weren't alone...... I fished Hopatcong today w/ a bunch of guys and it was same as Eddie said.....a nightmare(or a good workout depending how you look at it)......had to walk out 200 yards on 12 inches of snow then shovel a 5x5 area of clear ice to set up and fish.....dig through 14" of ice and when we got through the area we cleared out filled up w/ 2" of water....the tipups were floating around!!!...it was a night mare today!!!...I only ended up w/ one perch and one bluegill to show..Adam ended up w/ a few bluegill and Joey and crew got a few pickerel.....going from hole to hole was brutal by days end....gonna give it a break until a really good cold snap freezes up everything solid again.....

Here was the best part of the day....the view as the sun was coming up over the lake......from there it was all mostly downhill.....but good to be out after a few days of uncertainty......

Last edited by iceehot6766; 02-16-2014 at 08:11 PM..
Old 02-16-2014, 10:22 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Jersey end of Greenwood was a tough test for sure. We drilled all the way out to the middle of lake and in the channel in Belchers Creek and never found water deeper than 5ft. 3ft of snow, 18" of ice, 3ft of liquid turned the meet n' greet to a meet n' migrate. We still had some warm food around a fire with some good beverages. Always a good time hanging with this crew!

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216
Old 02-17-2014, 08:08 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Smile Re: Possible SPRUCE RUN ICE PARTY!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Are you going into the main entrance or are you going in at Spruce Run Creek by the Toyota dealer ?
Parking by Toyota dealer. Should be interesting!