NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Pluggin' Raritan River weekend! - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-03-2017, 04:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Pluggin' Raritan River weekend!

Just park on canal Rd (if you can find parking) and follow the crowds !
Old 05-03-2017, 07:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Pluggin' Raritan River weekend!

Great job. More curious as to what you decided to paint (that probably didn't need it) so that you could get out in between coats drying

Look forward to fishing with you again on the RFA FLUKATHON!
Old 05-03-2017, 11:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
Yep, excellent day out there.

I lost something huge just an hour ago. Couldn't see what it was. Thought I snagged first! Maybe another day, I'm happy with the smallie ofc.
AWESOME catch ! You're doing great this year, quantity, quality, and variety.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Daammnn Mr. Eddie... You kill it there man!....And to keep in line with everyone else I was there late Sunday afternoon and got a little LMB on a rapala suspending minnow. My girl caught the white perch and a crappie on little jigs.. I also saw a gentleman catch a white catfish (as he called it) too. hahaha i have like 5 fish to my name there and some eels.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
It's STANDING ROOM ONLY !!! Shucker just busted his cherry for Raritan river Shad on a 5" KEITECH !!!

I think I'm gonna set up picnic tables with umbrellas and get a hot dog cart.

If you really want to concern yourself with a problem, go to Boyd Park in New Brunswick and see the buckets over flowing with 12" striped bass !!
Do any game wardens go down there to crack down on that?
Old 05-04-2017, 08:20 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyL View Post
Do any game wardens go down there to crack down on that?
Speaking of I've never seen one yet, or at least I THOUGHT I haven't seen one (they're professional stalkers! lol jk)

I thought I'd start seeing them more that the season is opened up but nope. Maybe I shouldn't complain? Although it's nice to know they're patrolling and cracking down in illegal acts and crimes against the fish.

I guess the best game warden are ourselves, up to us to report and have them arrive at the crime.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
I guess the best game warden are ourselves,....
Correct.

And, importantly, as licensed NJ anglers do not brag about flaunting NJ Fish & Game Laws. Or, encourage others to do so.

Set a good example.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice fish ALL around Eddie!!! And, while I fully agree with Mark about setting a good example......... Someone's gotta tell those shad they're off limits!!!
Old 05-10-2017, 10:27 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycomps View Post
Hit the same spot this afternoon. Picked away at white perch with a gold #3 vibrax then something else connected. It stayed deep with occasional head shakes but didn't feel real big. Brought him up to the wall and when he rolled on his side the guy next to me gasped. It was a big fat Walleye over 28 inches with serious girth. I had to walk him down the wall to the rocks since I didn't have my net. when I got there I slowly pulled him up on the stone but the first rock he hit caused him to spit the lure and slide slowly back into the water. I went in after him and grabbed him with both hands around his midsection but he was bigger than my two hands put together and slithered through leaving me speechless without a pic!!!!
I was there.... Just had read this, it was one big ass walleye. Yes you did go out to try and grab it..
You will get her keep plugging away.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:27 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
Hit the river yesterday in between coats of paint drying. River was stained and coming up from the freak t-storms Friday night. threw the plugs and nobody was home to go after the big stuff. I looked down at one point and swore I saw a school of Shad circling 10 feet off the wall. Changed gears and started throwing, ummmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,, Trout magnets. Yea thats it, Trout magnets, LOL! Sure enough, 5 casts later I was into the Shad pretty good landing 4 out of 7 before the water became to dirty. Some big ass Shad in there this year fellaz. Still nice and fresh too!!!

Back at this morning hoping the water was still at a high level so I could throw my plugs. Nope! Water level dropped quick but it didn't matter as a plethora of species were caught today by a buddy of mine. Shad, White Perch, Crappie and a 19 inch Smallie all came to the wall today. All nice healthy species I might add! As for what I caught, well I was in charge of finding the migratory Stripers that swim in the freshwater! I found 2, 1 short and 1 29-30 inch drag ripping keeper that put up a hell of a battle on the new river set up! Crazy fish went for the smaller plug today. Good times on that river lately. Fish are on the move and feeding heavy. TIGHT LINEZ!!!

Awesome Awesome fish Eddie! I`ve never fished there...... would love to try it with ya sometime

Ken-