NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

gulp swimming mullet 5" ??? - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 08-09-2012, 02:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: gulp swimming mullet 5" ???

[QUOTE=JerseyCoast]
Quote:
If you really want to save money, use a regular rubber curly tail. If you want to feel better, soak them in in crab or bunker oil. Same results, 1/8 the price.....
Sorry, but the results wouldn't even be close, at least for fluking. The organic material lures (gulp, excite-a-bite etc) are a different category of bait from the plastics.

I have a hard time believing that you actually believe what you're saying re gulp. Maybe you direct all your gulp-seeking customers to rubber grubs and crab oil, but somehow I doubt that. You, along with every single tackle store in the area sell a ton of gulp products, hence why you have such strong feelings on this thread's topic to begin with.

Quote:
We should all be on the same team here in this industry as small business owners.
Not necessarily. The bottom line is the bottom line. If he can find cheaper tackle in a big chain...I don't see how his business benefits from buying from you.

Quote:
Had I come up on a thread, with somebody in his area asking who to use...... and I suggested either a non sponsor boat or a NY Boat, instead of him......would that be OK??
Terrible analogy. It wouldn't be okay only insofar as the forum rules are concerned...but those NS boats are still "small businesses," correct?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: gulp swimming mullet 5" ???

The jello I make stays on the hook better!
www.quality1stcompanies.com