NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2 day NJ offshore adventure can be a reality! - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:46 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: 2 day NJ offshore adventure can be a reality!

I used to live in NJ, but had to move out to Missouri because of job relocation. You guys have just given me a reason to come back for a week!
I'm IN!!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:58 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I like this idea but can't swing the time frame this year. I would love to see this get started and maybe become something on this coast. I keep hearing my buddy talk about his long range trips in Cali and how I really gotta go.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:18 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Should be a good time and good trip...

But fishing in nj, is nothing like fishing in california. There will never be a nj long range fleet, what would we fish for? go offshore, catch yellowfin, longfin, swords at night, mahi and tiles during the day, come inshore and catch some cod and pollock, then inshore for some seabass, finish it off with a little fluking at the rocks and then some blackfishing in 35ft off long branch? lol just breaking ballz guys..
Old 04-25-2011, 12:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfishingusa

But fishing in nj, is nothing like fishing in california. There will never be a nj long range fleet, what would we fish for? go offshore, catch yellowfin, longfin, swords at night, mahi and tiles during the day, come inshore and catch some cod and pollock, then inshore for some seabass, finish it off with a little fluking at the rocks and then some blackfishing in 35ft off long branch? lol just breaking ballz guys..

ummmmmm YES! could you imagine the Philly bycatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 04-25-2011, 04:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfishingusa

California doesn't have 50+lb Yellowfin , Bluefin that you can jig , Night Swords , Mahi , or Big Eye Wolfpacks within 60 - 100 miles . To get away from the line shy live bait only fish California boats have to travel a day or more one way . Having fished on both coasts I like my odds better here . Give me a dumb chunk fish everytime !
Old 04-25-2011, 04:52 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I think this is great what BB is doing. I've often thought it would be very cool to have some San Diego style long range boats running out of NJ, NY or DE but it sure would be tough in the Fall with the weather we get offshore. I've gotten to the point now where I EXPECT Fall canyon trips to get blown out. I fished a full season out of Fishermen's Landing in San Diego and NEVER ONCE had a trip canceled due to weather!! Guess that's why it's called the Pacific...
Old 04-25-2011, 05:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor
I think this is great what BB is doing. I've often thought it would be very cool to have some San Diego style long range boats running out of NJ, NY or DE but it sure would be tough in the Fall with the weather we get offshore. I've gotten to the point now where I EXPECT Fall canyon trips to get blown out. I fished a full season out of Fishermen's Landing in San Diego and NEVER ONCE had a trip canceled due to weather!! Guess that's why it's called the Pacific...
In all the years of fishing out of San Diego I only had one trip canceled due to weather (Seaforth AM halfday) . We fished off the stern of the San Diego in the slip .
Old 04-25-2011, 08:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Pedro
California doesn't have 50+lb Yellowfin , Bluefin that you can jig , Night Swords , Mahi , or Big Eye Wolfpacks within 60 - 100 miles . To get away from the line shy live bait only fish California boats have to travel a day or more one way . Having fished on both coasts I like my odds better here . Give me a dumb chunk fish everytime !
When Muldune & I did our long range EXCEL 5 day trip, fished the chunk with 30# test, our bluefish rigs...80# rigs on the troll...chunk caught bfts & lfts all 30-40# class fish...not quite like here.

It would be nice, but I don't see a long range fleet here on the East coast...be content knowing you can make at least ONE 48hr trip this year..we might be setting the precedent for the future...Only time will tell!!!
Thanks to Charlie Tuna and Capt. Bogan, we'll git 'er done Oh yea, check's in the mail for Sept. and for the Oct. trips...

Chucky
John M. missed and always remembered
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead (Jimmy Buffett)
Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Smile Re: 2 day NJ offshore adventure can be a reality!

I am in, will call tomorrow and pay deposit!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:13 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Smile Re: 2 day NJ offshore adventure can be a reality!

That west coast trip was an adventure of a life time.Having talked to ol Pedro before and after the trip he was right on the money what west coast fishing is all about.
Really looking forward doing a 48hr trip trip on the Gambler.Thanks Capt Bob and Charlie Tuna for makeing this happen.