NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

One eyed vampire 8/29/16 - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-31-2016, 02:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: One eyed vampire 8/29/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk City View Post

Still haven't seen any 30" fish in NJ...
Wouldn't mind being the person showing you one lol...I doubt they peak at 28" on the river. Gotta be a whale hiding in that massive river somewhere.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigman13 View Post
Wouldn't mind being the person showing you one lol...I doubt they peak at 28" on the river. Gotta be a whale hiding in that massive river somewhere.
I believe there are a couple 30's listed as Skillful Angler winners if you go back and look at all the yearly results. Just sucks they don't provide a picture to go with it! My guess is if one is caught that big in NJ in the near future, it will be a fall fish..

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 08-31-2016, 02:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

The problem with skillful angler cpr fish before 2014 (I think) is you didn't have to submit a picture of the fish on a ruler. So someone could catch a 26-28" fish, take a really good pic of them holding it, and call it a 30"... Just saying.

You can look back and you'll notice certain names popping up a good amount prior to the fish on ruler requirement and then since the requirement you don't see some of those names anymore...again, just saying... *cough* exagerations *cough*
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 08-31-2016, 03:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Fisherman being fisherman
Old 08-31-2016, 03:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: One eyed vampire 8/29/16

All this talk about Walleye fishing is making me "HORNY!!!" Can't wait for those brisk morning temps and fall foliage!
Old 08-31-2016, 07:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Another nice fish my friend. Unlike skunk I have no interest in your one eyed vampire...kind of makes me nauseous just typing that actually.

Way to keep the night bite alive.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

It's definitely wearing on me. Been pretty steady since may. It hurts lol. But I love it!
Old 09-01-2016, 08:38 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
The problem with skillful angler cpr fish before 2014 (I think) is you didn't have to submit a picture of the fish on a ruler. So someone could catch a 26-28" fish, take a really good pic of them holding it, and call it a 30"... Just saying.

You can look back and you'll notice certain names popping up a good amount prior to the fish on ruler requirement and then since the requirement you don't see some of those names anymore...again, just saying... *cough* exagerations *cough*
Old 09-01-2016, 10:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Probably going to be some doubters given the thread above, but that would actually make me even more proud of myself. I got a 30 inch walleye out of the Delaware last fall. It was before I joined this great site (in January) so no report. No, I don't have a picture next to a ruler. Didn't send it in for skillful angler award, that was probably the last thing on my mind at the time. Released to swim another day, so if you don't believe me catch her again and measure her yourself...you'll know it's her because the upper part of her tail was missing. I say "her" because I came home that early December day and did some research, and it seems that fish that size are basically 100% females. She was probably 27 years old...so glad I let Er go! It's head was huge and its eyes were like ping pong balls. Internet says she was probably around 10 pounds, nowhere near the state record of well over 13 pounds. Was it exactly 30 inches on the nose? Probably not, but it was closer to 30 than 29.5 (i.e. It was somewhere between 29.8 and 30 inches). Anyway my previous best was 27.5 inches. Pic below. Happy to share all my other personal bests of other species as well, none of which would impress anyone...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	103059  
Old 09-02-2016, 12:02 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate01 View Post
Probably going to be some doubters given the thread above, but that would actually make me even more proud of myself. I got a 30 inch walleye out of the Delaware last fall. It was before I joined this great site (in January) so no report. No, I don't have a picture next to a ruler. Didn't send it in for skillful angler award, that was probably the last thing on my mind at the time. Released to swim another day, so if you don't believe me catch her again and measure her yourself...you'll know it's her because the upper part of her tail was missing. I say "her" because I came home that early December day and did some research, and it seems that fish that size are basically 100% females. She was probably 27 years old...so glad I let Er go! It's head was huge and its eyes were like ping pong balls. Internet says she was probably around 10 pounds, nowhere near the state record of well over 13 pounds. Was it exactly 30 inches on the nose? Probably not, but it was closer to 30 than 29.5 (i.e. It was somewhere between 29.8 and 30 inches). Anyway my previous best was 27.5 inches. Pic below. Happy to share all my other personal bests of other species as well, none of which would impress anyone...
Any fish with its picture taken isn't a tale so to speak... And ive taken pixtures prior to joining like this and then taken one with a ruler in same spot to keep myself honest
Nice catch to u both! - thou +10 to jigman for rocking the buff