NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

What Happened on the Brooklyn?? - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: What Happened on the Brooklyn??

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter1010
Tombanjo.
Thanks for the information. I'm just glad it was nothing serious. Sounds like that lady should have to pay all those anglers for a lot of lost fishing time, due to her indiscretion.
It probably will be on the boat via discount/raincheck . Hope that she's banned . Had a Big Guy pass out and wet himself on the way out nite Bluefishing four seasons ago . Capt. called it in and started to head for Shark Inlet as we drug him in the cabin and prepared for CPR just in case .He was down for a couple of minutes with a weak pulse , shallow breathing , wet and clammy to the touch . He came to and started fighting me until he realized where he was . He said that he was OK and it happened before and didn't want to go in so after pleading with us the Capt. turned back East . He ended up winning the pool wet pants and all .
Old 09-24-2012, 04:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

If I woke up with you administering mouth to mouth I might take a swing too. Brooklyn also is down for repairs, really hope it wasn't from steaming hard to SH for that woman. Tough call for the captains, what with all the liability stuff.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombanjo
If I woke up with you administering mouth to mouth I might take a swing too. Brooklyn also is down for repairs, really hope it wasn't from steaming hard to SH for that woman. Tough call for the captains, what with all the liability stuff.
If they are incoherent it makes it easier because we will do what is best for them . We had a guy pass out getting off the boat and he came out of it just before help arrived . He refused assistance even though he had been throwing up blood unbeknownst to us . His friends drove him to a Penn. Hospital . Hope he made it .
Old 09-24-2012, 05:03 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Smile Re: What Happened on the Brooklyn??

maybe she heard that "Capt. Stabbin" was on the boat
Old 09-24-2012, 05:06 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

She doesn't sound like much of a Lady if you ask me.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:45 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Why did the EMT make the call to do the emergency move to SH when she was fine a few minutes later?

He should pay for it.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimit
Why did the EMT make the call to do the emergency move to SH when she was fine a few minutes later?

He should pay for it.
From Captain Mike/Brooklyn...
Lady had a seizure, there was a doctor on board to address the situation, Captain did the right thing by heading to the C.G. station at Sandy Hook.......End of story.
Those EMT guys from NY are the best and are a saving grace for any of us on the water, god forbide you should ever need them. They were on my boat in 12 minutes two years ago for the same situation. Knowing I can depend on them to have my back in a serious or fatal situation is priceless.....Make them pay??
This is not a fishing report and shouldn't even take up space with this BS.
Capt.Ron

www.captainronsfishermen.com
Old 09-24-2012, 09:07 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1captainron
Lady had a seizure, there was a doctor on board to address the situation, Captain did the right thing by heading to the C.G. station at Sandy Hook.......End of story.
Those EMT guys from NY are the best and are a saving grace for any of us on the water, god forbide you should ever need them. They were on my boat in 12 minutes two years ago for the same situation. Knowing I can depend on them to have my back in a serious or fatal situation is priceless.....Make them pay??
Capt.Ron
Thank God for all first responders. When the SHlT hits the fan those brave men and women run towards danger placing themselves in harms way to protect and save the lives of people they do not know, even SHlT heads.

Bill
Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Captains Ron and Mike are correct.

For those who are uninformed: when one has a seizure, after the shaking is stopped, you go into a post-ictal period (a recovery period) and usually recover well. That's why the victim was fine a few minutes later. However, one seizure could be immediately followed by another (or multiple) without recovery. That is a life-threatening situation and always a possibility when a person has a seizure. Seizures can also be symptoms of other things going on like head injuries, a major stroke, etc. Thus, it was totally prudent and incumbent upon the captain of the vessel to seek medical/emergency assistance immediately.

In the past there has been genuine concern on this board and others about people who have been ill and injured. Let's keep it that way.

Additionally, thank you for the kind words sent to our first responders. Being one for 20 years, it is much appreciated.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1captainron
Capt.Ron
Old 09-25-2012, 06:43 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Good job on the Captains part. With everyone being so sue happy now a days, you have to follow all rulles and regulations. The women should have been brought to the nearest hospital to be checked for any "mini strokes" In all my years fishing and working deck, it seems that the captain ALWAYS does the right thing.