NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Awesome trip on Jamaica 2 today - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Awesome trip on Jamaica 2 today

Great post cherish those moments they grow up fast
Old 09-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Way to go Mike! Funny how we get more excited about fishing when we see it through the eyes of someone new to the sport.

Great way to share quality time and some lasting memories with your Daughter too.

Thanks for supporting our sponsors and sharing your report here.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 09-07-2011, 12:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

One of the best posts EVER ... awesome job, Dad!

- Gr8ful
Old 09-09-2011, 01:15 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkyispy
Thanks guys, just an incredible day for a proud dad! Looking to groom her for the big ones now!!!! She'll be out there with me on your boats soon enough now that mom approves
Quote:
One of the best posts EVER ... awesome job, Dad!

- Gr8ful
"Yup "
Mike memories last forever cherish those moments ….. and for all the Dads out there that get to take kiddo fishing . They say a pic is worth a thousands words well here a pic ill never forget of my son landing his first fatty .

Btw I have more than a thousands words .Again not to steal the thread but This was a “ dream come true” as we prayed about going fishing on the J2 for about 7 years . Before this year I did not think it was possible to take my special needs son out fishing on a party boat . We planed this for a long time, going on small outings fishing the local inlet for an hour each time . Well this summer I took the plunge and I am glad I did.

Cant ***** THANK ****the Capt enough for accommodating us. Big thanks again for the boat and all the mates making this possible. Hec even the crew looks out for my son each time we sail. This year has been one of the most memories I had with my son able to take a bunch of trips and spend that time together . What better place than aboard the J2

Update

Took the kiddo out a few more ½ day fishing trips. One of the things that I been longing to do for years.
Funny thing is he is a natural , fishes like a champ. Little man is a true fisherman now. He handles his rod like a “Pro” Drops down, no birds nests (not one) stays on the bottom, and works his rod, bait …… Jigs like a pro.

Last trip there was allot of current / wind so I set him up w/ an 8 oz sinker rig. But he wanted to jig and insisted to give him one. Lol… So I set him up with big Jig out and dragging bait under the boat. . Few Saturdays ago we went out and he landed a 4-1/2 -pound flattie Now that’s a nice fish for a fluke esp for kiddo to boat in by him self.

Funny thing is we came in on the after noon trip as they were getting ready for an all night Blue fish trip and he asked to go fishing “ again” I told him we well see maybe next week. Then I explained it’s a rough one and that blues are fierce fighting fish. Besides, that trip returns 2: 30 am. He still wanted to go and asked a few more times. Gota love it … my little fishing bud. Now of course he wants to go funny you should say but moma don’t think he’s up to it. How else then is he gonna grow from my little man to my little/ big fishin man?

Well maybe not this year but I know one day we will try and he will most likely have a ball again . If ya haven’t done it yet do it Get out there and take your kiddo fishing.
.Lots of memories to be had

If ya don’t the summer will pass you an yull be kicking your self in the butt all winter wishing you have.

Thanks for listening

Proud papa
Kenny v
Father to Joel
Brick NJ

Last edited by Kenny V; 08-06-2013 at 03:59 PM..