NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2014 Fluke Regulations - Page 12 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:41 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 2014 Fluke Regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussA View Post
Take me with you and I will learn you a thing or two.

Go buy some 6 inch gulp and go fish in the rocks you will limit no problem. Stop using squid and spearing on a 2 ott english style hook.
This is coming from the guy who wonders why there were not any bass under schools of bunker during the summer in the day time. lol What did you expect them to do jump into your boat in August with a bottle of sun tan lotion.

Last edited by rumster; 02-07-2014 at 12:06 PM..
Old 02-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumster View Post
This is coming from the guy who wonders why there were not any bass under schools of bunker during the summer in the day time. lol What did you expect them to do jump in you boat in August with a bottle of sun tan lotion.
Well yeah duh... Don't you?
Old 02-06-2014, 10:52 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMarc View Post
Don't go away mad...

Hey Marc!...scratch.....scratch, scratch.....bump.....thump,thump,THUMP....Swiiiiii iiing! Darnit?
Old 02-07-2014, 09:53 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Take me with you and I will learn you a thing or two.

Go buy some 6 inch gulp and go fish in the rocks you will limit no problem. Stop using squid and spearing on a 2 ott english style hook.
I will say this,you are entertaining.Maybe a little arrogant, not like myself lol

100 Ton Master
Semi Retired
Old 02-07-2014, 10:24 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Talking Re: 2014 Fluke Regulations

Quote:
Well yeah duh... Don't you?
No I don`t and if you were as knowledgeable as you portray yourself to be. You would know that striped bass are migratory and what your looking for (usually) occurs from May/June thru October/November. Yes we have local populations that feed, but rarely in the middle of the summer do you see schools of bass feeding in a frenzy on schools of bunker when the water is in the mid 70`s during the day. Duh Obviously, the above mentioned time frames can depend on how cold of a winter/water temps
Also, what party boat do you fish on?

Last edited by rumster; 02-07-2014 at 11:45 AM..
Old 02-07-2014, 11:03 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Is the fishing really this bad!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:18 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker dunker View Post
Is the fishing really this bad!!!!!!
Hey Ed, I don't think the fishing is bad at all. What you have here is an informative post that turned into a pissing match between a New York fisherman versus a handful of NJ fishermen. If he's as good as he says he is, maybe he'll start a thread to teach us NJ guys how to limit out on every trip as he claims to do....Hell, I'll even attend a seminar.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:48 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Asbury Park Press article

Regional fluke measures approved
Feb 6, 2014 | By John Oswald | @oswaldapp ... Despite overwhelming opposition, regional management measures for summer flounder for the 2014 season have been approved by the ASMFC. The approved summer flounder regions are Massachusetts and Rhode Island; Connecticut ...

Sorry, could not get the link to paste. A good read on who did and said what, Some key points as follows:

* However, the Addendum was perceived, mainly by New Jersey anglers, as a thinly disguised fish grab by the state of New York.

* October, Capt. Anthony DiLernia, a voting member of the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council from New York, said that if the MAFMC elected to stay with coastal equivalency at it’s December meeting, New York was ready to take that decision to court.The tactic worked.
“The final decision was incredible,” said Chris Zeman, one of New Jersey’s representatives to the MAFMC. “I’m shocked that they are going through with this one-year experiment. They are playing with people’s livihoods here
*“New York was threatening litigation to get this through and NOAA clearly listened to New York,” said Zeman. It’s totally appeasement. And in the history of western civilization, has appeasement ever worked?
“New York pushed hard and had the backing of NOAA, which carried a lot of weight,”
What Nowalsky found most troubling was the decision’s impact on state’s rights.
“Individual states have lost their autonomy to go ahead and select regulations that are most beneficial to that state’s anglers, and that loss of autonomy is extremely disconcerting,” he said. It’s especially tough, he added, considering all these states have done to constrain harvests and manage the resource.
............One thing I find most interesting is the comment about NOAA and their support towards NY. As a federal agency is that appropriate? And especially Nowalsky’s comment about states rights. Could that be a Constitutional violation of state sovereignty?
Old 02-07-2014, 12:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfish View Post
Asbury Park Press article

Regional fluke measures approved
Feb 6, 2014 | By John Oswald | @oswaldapp ... Despite overwhelming opposition, regional management measures for summer flounder for the 2014 season have been approved by the ASMFC. The approved summer flounder regions are Massachusetts and Rhode Island; Connecticut ...

Sorry, could not get the link to paste. A good read on who did and said what, Some key points as follows:

* However, the Addendum was perceived, mainly by New Jersey anglers, as a thinly disguised fish grab by the state of New York.

* October, Capt. Anthony DiLernia, a voting member of the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council from New York, said that if the MAFMC elected to stay with coastal equivalency at it’s December meeting, New York was ready to take that decision to court.The tactic worked.
“The final decision was incredible,” said Chris Zeman, one of New Jersey’s representatives to the MAFMC. “I’m shocked that they are going through with this one-year experiment. They are playing with people’s livihoods here
*“New York was threatening litigation to get this through and NOAA clearly listened to New York,” said Zeman. It’s totally appeasement. And in the history of western civilization, has appeasement ever worked?
“New York pushed hard and had the backing of NOAA, which carried a lot of weight,”
What Nowalsky found most troubling was the decision’s impact on state’s rights.
“Individual states have lost their autonomy to go ahead and select regulations that are most beneficial to that state’s anglers, and that loss of autonomy is extremely disconcerting,” he said. It’s especially tough, he added, considering all these states have done to constrain harvests and manage the resource.
............One thing I find most interesting is the comment about NOAA and their support towards NY. As a federal agency is that appropriate? And especially Nowalsky’s comment about states rights. Could that be a Constitutional violation of state sovereignty?
Thanks for taking the time to forward the info.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Maybe instead of 4 fluke at 18 inches we could get 2 fish at 17 1/2. That would give more people an opportunity to take some fillets home.