NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Joey Tomatos Fishing Charters - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Open Boat and Charter Trips (Salt Water)
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Open Boat and Charter Trips (Salt Water) Use this board to post charter openings as well as open boat trips , hours for sailing etc. THIS BOARD IS TO BE USED FOR SPONSOR BOATS ONLY.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:33 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Joey Tomatos Fishing Charters

I have hung up my rods for this years fishing season. My home port is Clarks Landing and they have shut down the water for the up coming winter months. This makes it hard to clean up after coming home from fishing. It's time anyway. But the last few days in the water were some of the best. I had a charter last Saturday the 19th. of November and it was a pretty busy one. I would love to say we killed the bass but that day they were hard to find. So we took a troll and everyone wound up pulling in a monster Blue Fish. Not the greatest thrill for me. But for the once in a while fisherman the fight is worth the trip. We tried Togging next but when we got there the bite was over. We got a couple but it wasn't the best day. Then I decided to look for the Peanut Bunker in the wash and as I drove back we saw a couple of party boats close to the beach. I didn't make them to happy because I was able to get in a lot closer to the wash and the guys were able to cast right into the surf and that's where the fish were. Nothing to big but enough to keep everyone happy to pull in a Striper. So the last charter was a good one because the action was pretty good and everyone enjoyed the day. Sunday and Monday were to windy to go out but my friend asked me to join him today and it was Fall Madness. There were acres of Stripers all over the place. In water from 15 ft to 40 ft. No matter where you looked fish were jumping and birds were diving. We caught them on everything, Poppers Plugs and my friend was using his Fly Rod catching one after the other. My lures had tri hooks on them so every fish that swallowed it it took time to get the hooks out. But fly fisherman, my Buddy, took his little fingers and popped the small hooks out of the Stripers mouth in two seconds. So he caught 3 to my 1 but it was a lot of fun. So I ended my season in an unbelievable bite. My friend took Video and once he gives it to me I will post it. Because I am not to sure I would believe what I was reading right now unless I had seen it myself. I'm sure if you were one of the guys on the beach an were witness to this you probably would not make anything big out of this because they could not reach them and had to watch it all from the beach. Captain Joe See you in the Spring