NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Musky in yanda - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-17-2015, 02:45 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Musky in yanda

Have not been able to get out the past few weeks-vacation, fantasy football, work & family stuff has had me hog tied.

I was able to take a few buddies from my FFL out on YANDA for some salmon/trout fishing recently-caught a monster bass hangin out with the salmon & trout in about 60' of water suspending in a about 20'... just weird. Will post of photo of that whale later on this post.

Anyway as we were heading back into the ramp I spotted a large pickerel 28-30" (as I had thought) so I cruised over to check it out. Well it had vertical bars & looked to be a TIGER, THIS I AM CERTAIN.

Now YANDA had stocked tigers many moons ago & it was thought that all were gone but apparently his is not so. Either someone is dumping them in there illegally or the supposedly sterile hybrids are not so sterile (ALA JURASSIC PARK).

I fish YANDA a real lot & have never seen or heard a Musky getting caught there since the FLOCK OF SEAGULLS were on the charts & I HAD HAIR ON TOP OF MY HEAD & NOT GROWING OUT OF MY EARS.

This sounds like a case of illegal stocking which seems to be on the rise with MUSKY & BRIDS. Anyone seen this happening elsewhere? I just hope that nobody is dumping in bullsharks because I like to take an occasional swim on night trips!
Old 09-18-2015, 12:25 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question Re: Musky in yanda

What is YANDA ?
Old 09-18-2015, 04:49 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Musky in yanda

Wayawanda I assume & taking bass in thermo common .
Old 09-18-2015, 07:53 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Are you sure it wasn't a pike as there are pike in Waywayanda. One caught through the ice last year.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:23 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

NO way was it a PIKE...caught enough of both to know both.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

When did they start putting pike in waywayanda?
Old 09-19-2015, 04:18 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumasdad View Post
Have not been able to get out the past few weeks-vacation, fantasy football, work & family stuff has had me hog tied.

I was able to take a few buddies from my FFL out on YANDA for some salmon/trout fishing recently-caught a monster bass hangin out with the salmon & trout in about 60' of water suspending in a about 20'... just weird. Will post of photo of that whale later on this post.

Anyway as we were heading back into the ramp I spotted a large pickerel 28-30" (as I had thought) so I cruised over to check it out. Well it had vertical bars & looked to be a TIGER, THIS I AM CERTAIN.

Now YANDA had stocked tigers many moons ago & it was thought that all were gone but apparently his is not so. Either someone is dumping them in there illegally or the supposedly sterile hybrids are not so sterile (ALA JURASSIC PARK).

I fish YANDA a real lot & have never seen or heard a Musky getting caught there since the FLOCK OF SEAGULLS were on the charts & I HAD HAIR ON TOP OF MY HEAD & NOT GROWING OUT OF MY EARS.

This sounds like a case of illegal stocking which seems to be on the rise with MUSKY & BRIDS. Anyone seen this happening elsewhere? I just hope that nobody is dumping in bullsharks because I like to take an occasional swim on night trips!

Nothing is more efficient to predatory fish than huge schools of fatty oily bait fish milling around by the thousands.. The bass, pike, salmonids and panfish will often be around these schools as its easy pickings.. There are always some game fish in a more "normal" habitat such as weeds, channels, rocks, trees structure, but you would be surprised how many bass/pike /walleyes etc will follow bait around in water much deeper than most of us are used to... Guys down south where all the lakes are loaded with "shad" are much more aware of this fact than we northeast fishermen... bob