NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

River clean up North Branch Raritan river Sept. 20: - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-16-2014, 12:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up River clean up North Branch Raritan river Sept. 20:

I got just about every single tire and piece of garbage out of the North Branch of the Raritan river but I need help with the final 3 miles of river. Going to start at North Branch Park off Rt. 28 above Rt. 22 at 9am on Saturday September 20th. The water is still warm and should be gin clear on Saturday. Most items are already staged and ready to go. If I can get this last 3 miles done the entire North Branch of the Raritan river should be free of tires and junk. If you have a canoe or flat bottom boat better yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10339731_10201785364658835_2833250603558809548_n.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	75969  

Last edited by AndyS; 09-16-2014 at 12:47 PM..
Old 09-16-2014, 01:23 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: River clean up North Branch Raritan river Sept. 20:

Andy and I had huge success this summer running small less organized cleanups. I am sure all of you have seen the pictures Andy has shared with NJF. Every clean up event improves the water quality, which plays a major role in fishing quality! A few hours on the river and the north branch is clean, Mother Nature will take care of the rest!

There are a lot of groups that say they "care about the river". Truth is they have no real personal connection to the rivers. It's simply a cash cow cause which they are exploiting for personal monetary gain!

It's these personal connections to the rivers that really make a difference, grew up fishing it, fish it after work, canoe it on Saturdays with the family, looking for new fishing locations, or even drink tap water supplied by American Water.

No one knows these rivers better than those who fish them. If you haven't fished the North Branch, well Saturday is a great way to learn it and find your next honey hole. Please set aside a few hours and truly make a difference!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: River clean up North Branch Raritan river Sept. 20:

Weather and river flows look great.