NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

New NJ Covid19 fishing rules! Must read! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-09-2020, 02:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up New NJ Covid19 fishing rules! Must read!

April 3, 2020
Consistent with Governor Murphy's orders that all New Jerseyans practice social distancing in order to limit the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), anglers must fish alone or with immediate family members and cannot fish in groups of any size (no matter how small), either on land or by boat. A minimum six-foot social distance between anglers must be maintained at all times. To disperse the fish and to help maintain social distancing among anglers, trout were released early and the NJ Fish and Game Council opened trout stocked waters for catch and release only for trout, from April 1 through April 10. Season, size, and creel limits for all other species apply, as well as any gear restrictions.

Anglers MUST NOT congregate in parking areas, boat ramps or at popular fishing locations. Conservation Police Officers, New Jersey State Park Police, and DEP staff are actively monitoring our parks and natural areas to ensure that individuals enjoying our natural resources are maintaining social distance. Any groups encountered will be instructed to disperse to maintain social distance, and if they do not comply, tickets will be issued by law enforcement.

The sooner we all comply the better. We all need to fight this fight together. We gotta kick this beasts ass and get it out of our lives. I have friends that are nurses in Union, Essex and Bergen county. They are going through absolute hell. They’re not the only ones though. I also have people, friends in my circle of life that are suffering from this virus. It is not good at all. Good Americans are dying! Let’s be safe guys. WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 04-10-2020, 05:14 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: New NJ Covid19 fishing rules! Must read!

please please please take this warnings seriously.they will shut fishing down in a heart beat if they see peeps grouping up.stay safe and stay well
Old 04-10-2020, 07:09 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Was told by reputable source , if they see the boats full with guys like they have been .
Marinas and boat ramps at the shore will be closed next .
20 foot boats having 4/5 guys on them aren’t using their heads .

Was told instead of putting their staff at risk monitoring the people on the boats are from the immediate family/household they will just shut it down .

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club
Old 04-10-2020, 09:54 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

If you get the emails from F&G WMA will remain open is up to us.! Unfortunately we as fishermen are not the problem most of us fish alone or with our kids/ family. It’s all of the ppl going to places ( state and county parks) that caused those shut downs.I get it they want to get out of the house and exercise/enjoy the fresh air. Fishermen have to pay the price also.It’s frustrating.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:10 PM
dakota560

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
April 3, 2020
Consistent with Governor Murphy's orders that all New Jerseyans practice social distancing in order to limit the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), anglers must fish alone or with immediate family members and cannot fish in groups of any size (no matter how small), either on land or by boat. A minimum six-foot social distance between anglers must be maintained at all times. To disperse the fish and to help maintain social distancing among anglers, trout were released early and the NJ Fish and Game Council opened trout stocked waters for catch and release only for trout, from April 1 through April 10. Season, size, and creel limits for all other species apply, as well as any gear restrictions.

Anglers MUST NOT congregate in parking areas, boat ramps or at popular fishing locations. Conservation Police Officers, New Jersey State Park Police, and DEP staff are actively monitoring our parks and natural areas to ensure that individuals enjoying our natural resources are maintaining social distance. Any groups encountered will be instructed to disperse to maintain social distance, and if they do not comply, tickets will be issued by law enforcement.

The sooner we all comply the better. We all need to fight this fight together. We gotta kick this beasts ass and get it out of our lives. I have friends that are nurses in Union, Essex and Bergen county. They are going through absolute hell. They’re not the only ones though. I also have people, friends in my circle of life that are suffering from this virus. It is not good at all. Good Americans are dying! Let’s be safe guys. WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Eddie excellent post and very well said. This is something like it or not that can't be ignored and is going to impact every single one of us in one way or another. We can't control that. What we can control is to what degree we're impacted and how long this crisis drags on. That's within all our controls to either contribute to a shorter time frame or cause a longer period of pain and suffering. I recently lost my brother and believe it was due to complications from the virus and have two other family members quarantined including two young grandchildren. As difficult as this is on everyone, don't make a mistake you'll regret for the rest of your life or one that could cost you, someone you don't even know or a loved one their life. If you can fish and stay away from crowds go for it. But now isn't the time to throw caution to the wind. If you have to go outside, be smart and be safe.