NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Tuesday am redemption - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-13-2021, 12:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Tuesday am redemption

After only getting one rainbow on the opener at Prospertown. I went back in the early am this morning. The rain had just stopped and the lake was dead calm. Started with a tiny castmaster as fish were boiling around the lake. Only had one hit and one follow-up for an hour of casting. Switched to powerbait on a two hook hi low rig. Within 5 minutes first Rainbow on the stringer. It ate both baits. Next cast added another bow to the stringer. Got another the next cast. Scratched the last three the next hour.
All six fish were on the high hook with the first fish eating both. No love on garlic flavor. All on original green/yellow. Very light pressure on the lake both days. I saw a Bald Eagle chase an Ospry by the dam. That and the sunrise was worth the trip.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Tuesday am redemption

Nothing like redemption! One of the most surprising things I've ever experienced was having a juvenile bald eagle dive bomb an osprey munching on a trout. I almost fell out of yak I was so surprised because it was dead calm and quiet as the osprey ate the trout when out of nowhere... bam!
Old 04-13-2021, 04:57 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Glad to hear you got on em, have seen a few posts about no bites until folks switch to powerbait.

Regular ol mepps spinner worked well for me the other day.

Looking forward to getting back to Prospertown soon. Hopefully when it warms up a bit more and I can take the kayak.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

When you go to Prospertown the Eagle has been hanging around in the pines directly across from the main lot. I think there's a nest somewhere close to the water by the last cove before the dam. They used to have a nest back in the narrows by the dinosaur on 6 flags . I would go past it in my boat drifting for Crappie.