NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

These are the summer flounder measures approved by the ASMFC Board for 2012 - Page 7 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: These are the summer flounder measures approved by the ASMFC Board for 2012

I also believe option #4 is the way to go...
Old 02-14-2012, 07:39 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: These are the summer flounder measures approved by the ASMFC Board for 2012

#4 seems good for now
Old 02-14-2012, 08:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

IMO...

I like the last option. Although last summer I only worked fluke 1-2 days a week, I never saw anyone get over 4 fish over 18 inches (keep in mind we are half day). I heard about other customers on other days getting more than 4 or 5 keepers, but it certainly was the rarity rather than the norm.

Although last year was better than the year prior, I still did throw back a lot of 17.5-18 inch fish that were slightly too small. I know we would keep having the "just too small" fish, but it would be nice to hold on to those 17.5 to 18" fish, would give a lot more customers SOMETHING to take home, which I think is the biggest factor for me in terms of money made for me on deck, and I'd guess that the money boat owners make has a strong correlation to the amount I make on deck. We don't lose that many days on the end of the season with this option (and everyone begged for a longer season last year and then irene reared her ugly head and that was the end of that) and from my perspective (and I have some skin in the game, not as much as the full-time fluke guys or boat owners but some) this is the best option. I have no idea what the others I work with think about this option or anything, but from my perspective this is the option I'd most like to see.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:48 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Any News on today's meeting?