NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Rainbow Trout......tattoo? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-31-2019, 09:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Rainbow Trout......tattoo?

Not really fishing per se, but I got this tattoo of a bow for my pops who took his own life almost 3 years ago. He was an awesome guy and passionate fisherman and I miss him everyday, but fishing helps keep his memory alive!

If you’re struggling, always ask for help because it’s there even if you don’t think it is!

Now I gotta hook into one of these guys again soon! Tight lines fellas!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ED3C30A7-F9DB-45B5-885B-9AEB929FAE51.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	131016  
Old 01-31-2019, 10:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Rainbow Trout......tattoo?

Hey brother! That’s a badass tattoo for sure! What a way to keep the old man with you! Your a brave dude putting this on a public forum! For that I appreciate you more and what your life stands for! You have a lot of courage my friend! We all have problems that’s for sure! I’m sure your Pops was a great man! You got that courage and passion for fishing from him no doubt! Your blessed!!!
Old 01-31-2019, 11:27 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Rainbow Trout......tattoo?

That is some pretty sweet ink and even bigger props to you for putting this out there. I have lost two uncles and a few friends to the same thing and it's a tough thing to deal with. A few I fish on with their memory in mind and others I watch games with them along side in spirit. Trout season will be here in no time but before then, tight lines and FLAG UP!!!
Old 02-01-2019, 07:21 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

your a good man and a better son.great way to keep your dad close.as Eddie said you are blessed.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:33 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thats a seriously good tattoo too. Good way to keep the memory! Tight lines
Old 02-01-2019, 10:18 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

That's an absolutely beautiful tattoo. What a wonderful tribute to your pops!
Old 02-01-2019, 10:20 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

nice tribute tat of a bow.... you show the world that you will never forget the times you and your dad shared together.. may he rest in peace... the fact that you take him with you every time you fish and every time you look at that tat or if somebody asks you about it you keep his memory alive. god bless you for sharing that story with us tight lines brother
Old 02-01-2019, 05:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Pretty cool. I got my 1st one to remember my dad, mom, and best friend who all passed in consecutive years from 12-15.

Did you get it in NJ?
Old 02-01-2019, 06:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, really means a lot to me. You never know what someone is going through, and that was the case with my dad, but there is always someone there to help you!!

I got it at Shotsies Tattoo in Wayne. Great shop, and the artist has the same name as my dad, it was perfect.

I also really appreciate all the help and advice the guys on here have given me since I joined. It means a lot to have good people who will help you learn and this site is a great example of a community helping each other out.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:58 PM
dakota560

Hook first sincere condolences for the loss of your father, obviously he had a distinct and lasting impact on your life which in the end is what matters most. When all is said and done, a father's greatest legacy is his family and you honoring him with that beautiful tattoo couldn't make him more proud in spite of the circumstances leading up to the decision he made. As others have already said, putting something so personal on a public forum is extremely brave, hopefully in some way it helps in your healing process.

You're a good man and a better son, your post speaks volumes about your character, who you are and the relationship you had with your dad.......all very good things. You're correct, you never know what is going on in someone's life, take nothing for granted in life and live every day to the fullest. When you finally get one of those land locks, we want to see that pic with another tattoo on your other forearm of a salmon!

I'll keep you in my prayers my friend, have a lot of respect for your tribute to your father.