NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

New to Pinebrook NJ Area - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 12-17-2018, 12:15 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Question New to Pinebrook NJ Area

Hello, I'm new to this forum and recently moved to the Pinebrook area.

I'm looking for some help in finding good fishing spots in the area. I do not have a boat/kayak, so I'm looking for easy access shore spots. I love fishing for Bass, Carp, Pike etc... I'm especially interest in some carp and bass spots. No, I'm not looking for your honey hole, just some guidance on the area and what spots are easy to access would be great.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 12-17-2018, 12:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: New to Pinebrook NJ Area

Passaic River is great for all fish mentioned. You can sight fish for Carp when the waters low. Just gotta be quiet. They get pretty skiddish. Pike are all over the river as well, the entire river has them. If it ever goes down fishing should be awesome. Passaic floods easily. Good luck! Post your catches here with pics!

Welcome to the best site around dude!!!
Old 12-17-2018, 01:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: New to Pinebrook NJ Area

Pick up a set of waders and walk the wooded areas along the Passaic in your area. Before I had a kayak or boat, I would do the same. Very secluded, never saw anyone else. Google maps is your friend!

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 12-18-2018, 11:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk City View Post
Pick up a set of waders and walk the wooded areas along the Passaic in your area. Before I had a kayak or boat, I would do the same. Very secluded, never saw anyone else. Google maps is your friend!
Just be careful of which parts of the Passaic you wade in! Depending how far downstream you are it gets veeeeery mucky and dangerous to wade in.

Theres a bunch of ponds in the area, all are heavily pressured from spring to fall so your success may vary. I went to Grover Cleveland park one day and fished in the pond and caught 9 dinky largemouth, but went back 2 weeks later and got the big ol skunk and saw that most of the plant life had died off. Its a very urban area but there are still some decent spots if you can find them. As Skunk City said, Google Maps is a huge help. Welcome to the site!

And check your PM!

Last edited by Hookmanski; 12-18-2018 at 01:11 PM..
Old 12-21-2018, 01:30 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

As others mentioned, the Passaic has good populations of all three. Shore access spots are limited and you may need to do some map reading and driving around to find access.

You aren't far from the Rockaway River. You can get some smallies in the Rockaway and carp in the deeper, slower moving sections. As a bonus, the Rockaway is stocked with trout in the spring and fall.

The Pompton River isn't much of a drive for you and is stocked with pike and has some bass and carp too. Pompton Lake is a bit further, but also has a good population of bass, pike and carp (state record pike came out of there). Not a lot of shore fishing options there, but if you look at a map you can find them. Potash Lake just north of Pompton Lake is chock full of bass and carp and plenty of places to fish from shore there if you are willing to hike a little.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:56 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Where is Potash like? I can't seem to find it anywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansnat View Post
As others mentioned, the Passaic has good populations of all three. Shore access spots are limited and you may need to do some map reading and driving around to find access.

You aren't far from the Rockaway River. You can get some smallies in the Rockaway and carp in the deeper, slower moving sections. As a bonus, the Rockaway is stocked with trout in the spring and fall.

The Pompton River isn't much of a drive for you and is stocked with pike and has some bass and carp too. Pompton Lake is a bit further, but also has a good population of bass, pike and carp (state record pike came out of there). Not a lot of shore fishing options there, but if you look at a map you can find them. Potash Lake just north of Pompton Lake is chock full of bass and carp and plenty of places to fish from shore there if you are willing to hike a little.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by SjoerdBlankenstein View Post
Where is Potash like? I can't seem to find it anywhere?
Potash Lake is just north of Pompton Lake. It's basically a wide part of the Ramapo River. If you look at Google maps, change to the satellite view because it's less confusing and more accurate. Follow the river that feeds Pompton Lake
north about half a mile and that's Potash lake. Best access is from the boat ramp parking on West Oakland Ave.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:44 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Potash Lake location

https://paddling.com/paddle/location...-ramapo-river/