NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Weekend at Lake Wallenpaupack - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-11-2017, 09:31 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Weekend at Lake Wallenpaupack

Rented a house with my buddies this past weekend at Lake Wallenpaupack. The lake is HUGE and this was my first time there, so we stuck to our small dock and a few other areas close by since I only had my kayak. I got a decent smallie, by buddy caught a really nice smallie at night on a senko (his PB), we also did some worm fishing just for fun and got a few small bullhead cats. I also landed a bunch of pickerel, and a few of them cut my line clean before I could even pull them in. I was fishing with 10lb mono, used 5" senkos on a 3/0 EWG hook, and 4" keitech on a 1/4oz. jig head.

Last edited by cantthink0f0ne; 09-11-2017 at 10:00 AM..
Old 09-11-2017, 03:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Weekend at Lake Wallenpaupack

good old wallnwpaupack. nice fish. oh its a monster lake and busy too on some weekends. we use to have a house nearby and I would fish it mostly before memorial day or after labor day. once it got busy I retreated to my lake , shahola or Fairview. my boat is only 16 ft and it can get pounded pretty good when the bigger boats come around. this lake taught me its better to have a longer shaft bow mount trolling motor, especially in rough water. those are some good looking smallmouth.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:50 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
good old wallnwpaupack. nice fish. oh its a monster lake and busy too on some weekends. we use to have a house nearby and I would fish it mostly before memorial day or after labor day. once it got busy I retreated to my lake , shahola or Fairview. my boat is only 16 ft and it can get pounded pretty good when the bigger boats come around. this lake taught me its better to have a longer shaft bow mount trolling motor, especially in rough water. those are some good looking smallmouth.
Thanks man, yeah I had no idea it would be this busy. It was too much. There were boats going full blast making some serious waves, and I was on there in my measly little kayak. Despite the traffic, it was a pleasant surprise to get the fish we got.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Weekend at Lake Wallenpaupack

Good report dude! Some quality fish caught out of that monster lake! Fishing gets much better in the colder months! Glad you guys whacked a few! Congrats to your buddy on the PB Smallie!!!
Old 09-11-2017, 08:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Weekend at Lake Wallenpaupack

Great report ! Nice Bronze there !!!
Old 09-11-2017, 08:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Love that lake! When I was younger we used to camp at Wilsonville and always caught fish there. I never fished for Hybrids there but wanna get back there and try for them as soon as I can. My buddy landed a 14lb'er there several years ago so I am amped to get back up there and fish it again! It's intimidating to fish but you break it down into smaller sections and fish it that way instead of running and gunning and you will have better success! We used to fish herring on slip floats out in the deeper water off the dam area and do really well on the smallies!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS