NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

New Jersey Boaters Invited to take 2012 Northeast Recreational Boater Survey - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Site Sponsor

Default New Jersey Boaters Invited to take 2012 Northeast Recreational Boater Survey

Saltwater boaters are invited to go online and map their boating routes this summer to help researchers better understand boating activity in the Northeast. The information will be used to document the importance of recreational boating in the region and to ensure that boating activities are considered in ocean planning. All route data provided will be private and confidential and will not be linked to any identifying personal information.

New Jersey boaters can access the online mapping tool at (http://recreation.seaplan.org/to-participate) and participants are entered to win a $100 gift card donated by US Harbors, every time they complete the survey.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: New Jersey Boaters Invited to take 2012 Northeast Recreational Boater Survey

I completed the survey and would encourage fellow boaters to s do so as well since it supports one of our sponsors and the information you supply can help the boating community.

NJSeaGrant - Not sure if I did something wrong on the survey but NJ was not on the list of ports when choosing which state I departed from.

Also the choice of boats was not very clear. You have open power boat and cabin cruiser. I would not consider mine either. You might want to make the choices clearer. Perhaps center console power boat, cuddy cabin power boat would make more sense.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 08-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: New Jersey Boaters Invited to take 2012 Northeast Recreational Boater Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski
I completed the survey and would encourage fellow boaters to s do so as well since it supports one of our sponsors and the information you supply can help the boating community.

NJSeaGrant - Not sure if I did something wrong on the survey but NJ was not on the list of ports when choosing which state I departed from.

Also the choice of boats was not very clear. You have open power boat and cabin cruiser. I would not consider mine either. You might want to make the choices clearer. Perhaps center console power boat, cuddy cabin power boat would make more sense.
Hello Gerry - We contacted SeaPlan, the organization conducting the survey, and they have since added a click button for New Jersey in the state list on Question 1A. That button will zoom in the map view to the state and
route plotting can occur. You can also zoom into the map to NJ using the mouse or zoom buttons, then you can start plotting.

At this point changing the boat choices will affect the analysis, but it something they will consider for future surveys.

They reported that a number of people have submitted data and they appreciate the participation.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Nice, thanks for the follow up.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area