NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2017-2018 nhl season........ - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:08 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 2017-2018 nhl season........

Not sure if I should drive down the shore to watch the game at SplitShot's house (yes I'm inviting myself over Larry) or go to the Habs meet up party in NYC. The last time I did that resulted in a loss in last year's playoffs. Have a feeling the red light will be on tonight at Larry's with three new defenseman in Habs lineup this season. Carey Price will see more rubber than B.F. Goodrich.

It's game # 3 and I'm already calling for GM Marc Bergevin's head. This guy, a journeyman his whole career, still has over $8 million in cap space burning a whole in his pocket. Gone are Markov, Emelin, and Beaulieu replaced with Alzner, 19yo Victor Mete and 39yo Mark Streit; that defensive pairing should be called the Young and the Restless!
Old 10-08-2017, 01:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sure!! C'mon down to the shore Bill and watch the game.... 2 frustrating teams right now....

Rangers still haven't learned to play a full 60 minute game yet .... I definitely hear the clock ticking for AV.... maybe just make him and Hank VP's, in charge of wardrobe dressing the team for road trips and keep them out of the rink!!!

Old 10-08-2017, 04:38 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Won't make it tonight Larry, but let's plan a viewing party on Sat Oct. 28th when they meet again. Need some love from the dogs. Chili on the menu?

Maybe Bunker (Ed) and Dales (Dave) want to plan something that day. You too Duff (Dan). Maybe a sea bass trip in the afternoon? Hockey at night?
Old 10-08-2017, 07:54 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I agree with the dee pairings. they worry me too although as a stars fan I don't think methot is the solving of our defensive issues. I am hearing rumors that vegas is shopping shea thoedore but, as with any defenseman, what are ya gonna give up for him. im sure vegas wants picks . my stars are 0-2 but lets not hit the panic button yet. I do agree that teams are more evenly matched these days, and a fast start helps but im not ready to hit panic button yet .
Old 10-09-2017, 08:02 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Well.... glad Hank redeemed himself and kept the team in it for a win, but shooting practice on odd-man rushes better be #1 priority at practice today My god, they can all break the plates in the 4 corners in shooting exhibitions but noone can hit the corners in the game. Grabner is not starting off like last year and Nash's shots are so predictable, every goalie knows exactly what to expect from him..... you can go right down the line and other then Zib, they all need target practice!!!

Old 10-11-2017, 07:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ouch!! 1-3 to start the season and Rangers looking awful again around the net... everyone swiping at the puck and no one except Zib can put it in. These games lost will once again bite them in the ass when they need every point in that last week of the season.... AV CANNOT bring the best out of the team that he has to work with... players AND fans are getting frustrated early..... and YES... missing another scoring chance on his breakaway, it looks like last year WAS a fluke year for Grabner cause he's back to the way he played when the Rangers picked him up for cheap

Time has come for incentive pay.... cut salaries in half and get paid when you PRODUCE!!!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
Old 10-11-2017, 03:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Got in last night just before the Golden Knights game. Pre game was spot on and well done.

Deryk Engelland Nailed it with his speech to the crowd. Weird seeing a pro athlete always in the spot light being nervous giving his short speech.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Io4O56G95cY

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 10-12-2017, 01:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

agreed that was great. lots of games on tonight
Old 10-14-2017, 08:18 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

As the loss column keeps increasing AV's job gets less and less secure.... he just can't get this team to play a full 60 minutes yet and no one can finish putting the puck in the net with all the opportunities they get .... last place!! hahahaha

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
Old 10-14-2017, 11:42 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitShot View Post
As the loss column keeps increasing AV's job gets less and less secure.... he just can't get this team to play a full 60 minutes yet and no one can finish putting the puck in the net with all the opportunities they get .... last place!! hahahaha

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
5 games in and you guys are hitting the panic button already??!! RELAX...

Got a season long bet with my BIL who is a die hard rags fan. Bruins/Rangers most points scored this season for a bottle of Basil Haydens. So far both teams are equally $hitty...

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995