NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

nICE fishing MARCHes On....FLAAAAGs.. - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-04-2019, 10:38 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thumbs up nICE fishing MARCHes On....FLAAAAGs..

....With some very nICE bass and nICE perch on Saturday.
6 inches of snow covered hard ice allowed the team to MARCH on the hard water and get it done once again. Flags Flags Flags and some nice stringer worthy specimens as well including a 13.5 inch breeder perch

Looks like with the weather on the mountain this week in the single digits and teens overnight. This new snow top will nicely slow melt during the day and lock up overnight.
Next week a definite go and hoping to make the stretch to the following week for a ST PAT'S MEAN GREEN ICE FISHING SCENE !!!! YEAH BABY !!!

Used to be in my tin boat filling the cooler with flounder on St Pat's Day ..... but not now for two fish.... great to have the ice cooperating.

Stay safe ladies and gents.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nICE MarchBass 3219.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	131386   Click image for larger version

Name:	nICE March Perch 3219.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	131387  
Old 03-05-2019, 08:43 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: nICE fishing MARCHes On....FLAAAAGs..

Way to stay on em bobby! Good ice this year finally got take advantage of it here in Nj when u can.
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 03-05-2019, 08:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

looks like blackfish bobby outfitters is on a roll... with the temps below freezing this week we should do well keeping any ice we have left FLAGGGGGGGG UP
Old 03-05-2019, 12:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: nICE fishing MARCHes On....FLAAAAGs..

Well done guys!!! That’s another good looking stringer! Great catching all around! I’ll be out til it melts for sure. Might have to change venues though. Monksville is a bit of a pain to fish. HAHA!!!
Old 03-06-2019, 09:23 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I will give my theory on putting a good catch together each outing this season....Speaking for my main lake and my cousins lake up the mountain.

I really think up North having what I call "Late" ice does two things....It keeps the (warmer) water temp constant below the ice AND the water is warmer than the years when we get the frigid temps in Dec and Jan either feeding frigid water into the lake or freezing up an reducing the oxygenated water to the main body of water.

We have enough ice to get on the lakes and 35-40 degree temp spikes for a few hours feeding warmer water under the ice.... We definitely experienced some of the better bites well after noontime when the sun has heated the surrounding areas.... The sun is also way stronger in Feb and March.... just awesome.

In the last five years we have had a couple off seasons with 12-16 inches of ice EARLY and brutal cold feeder water for very long duration. The catch during these events were way down. We have caught more fish in this two month LATE season than we have in the last 5 years.

There was one year...maybe four years ago now we could not buy a flag and the shiners were coming up dead after being in the water for 10 minutes. Dead lake syndrome with some fish kill upon ice out.

This season ended up being the perfect chain of events late season for more FLAAAGS !!!!

OH...and the wonder rig works for ice fishing as well....a slight modification but same concept :roll eyes:... definite increase in flag production. Just saying....
Old 03-08-2019, 11:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

8 inches at the base of the Appalachian Mountain..YEAH BABY....FLAGGGGS!!