NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Gas stations short or no lines - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:23 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Gas stations short or no lines

Gas is available south of route 195 on route 130. Just before the Sportsman's Center are 2 Valero stations. One one the North bound side and one on the south bound side, both stations line is only on station property. Additional stations with gas at the junction of Rt. 130 and 206

Easy access from the shore with no waiting.

Good luck to all, looks like I will be heading down for gas for the generator every other day. Trees, lines, transformers, poles in a 3 mile stretch all need to be redone before I get power.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Gas stations short or no lines

Living further north it has been a nightmare. I'm an even numbered plate and down to 1/4 tank so I'm going to try and hunt some gas down tomorrow. I think I'll try up north near Ramsey on 17. I heard those stations have reasonable waits and a good supply.

Could be worse, I have power. But I need to drive for work a lot of times so this gas "shortage" thing really sucks.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I work in Lodi (brgen co.) And the stations are mostly 200+ cars deep lined down the shoulder. It's total insane bit organized chaos.
The quick check on 46 east seems to be the quickest one as they have 18 or 20 pumps compared to most stations that have only 4 pumps.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:37 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Gas stations are open on the Rt 537 exit off I-195 (on both the east & west bound sides) & since they are located in Ocean County you don't have to worry about the odd-even thing.

Last edited by Skolmann; 11-05-2012 at 10:47 AM..
Old 11-04-2012, 08:58 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I got up at 5:30 today and thought I would beat the crowd. That was not the case. Lines were still crowded and to top it off the station advised us they were not going to start pumping til 11AM. It was around 7:30, I'd had enough and went home. Next even day I think I'm gonna head south on Turnpike or Parkway as people have told me that there are little or no wait down there.
What a mess!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:31 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

gonna let my secret out.....here goes

if you live up north, get to the sloatsburg rest area on the thruway. I have not waited more than 30 minutes, been there 3 times. North or south bound, both short lines and lots of pumps.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Yesterday I woke up at 6am and went up to Ramsey. There are four fueling stations within about 1/2 mile of each other. They seem to have gas constantly. I drove a circle and found the one with the shortest line and waited about an hour. In the evening I got lucky and was able to fuel our other vehicle relatively quickly at a sort of out of the way station. Hopefully this eases up soon.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Gas stations short or no lines

Rahway NJ, RT 1 northbound side, Quick Check across from the mcdonalds next to merck..... 11am this morning 2 minute wait if that

[B][COLOR="Red"]GODS SPEED MY BROTHER... LIFES A BEACH

Proud member of the 52lb on The Wall Club

dey eats my baits... I eats dem club

Member of the Monger Nation

PLANT ICE .... HARVEST WIND...JUST SAYING
Old 11-05-2012, 03:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1129
I got up at 5:30 today and thought I would beat the crowd. That was not the case. Lines were still crowded and to top it off the station advised us they were not going to start pumping til 11AM. It was around 7:30, I'd had enough and went home. Next even day I think I'm gonna head south on Turnpike or Parkway as people have told me that there are little or no wait down there.
What a mess!

ocean county is not part of the schedule. We can fill up whenever we want, come a little south, no problem at all.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM
NJFishing.com Member

If you are around Princeton there is no line in town or just outside of it. There are a few on 206 as you head toward Skillman that have had no wait the last 2 days.