NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Rack storage.... - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 01-23-2019, 11:13 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Rack storage....

Anyone here racked? Thoughts, experiences?

Trailered my whole life and I’m done with it. Looking for more convenient way to use the boat. Don’t want to slip it since it’s never been bottom painted and I want to keep it that way. Thanks for the input.

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 01-24-2019, 09:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Cool Re: Rack storage....

Duff-

I had a slip for my first year and although it was nice to show up and shes ready to go whenever I wanted, I realized there was no time for drop of a hat middle of the night decisions to go the next day. My trip are always planned according to schedule, weather and obligations. For that reason, the rack storage is the way to go for me. I call the night before for early am departure (before 5:00am so the guys can fill my spot with the guys leaving at sunup). Watching your boat on a lift is a little frightening, but with the right insurance and confidence in the lift operator, you get used to it. Bottom takes a little rubbing that's an unavoidable side effect from the fork wraps.

If you can swing it, do it! Best option with peace of mind. PMME if you have any other questions.

Fin~S
Old 01-29-2019, 02:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Rack storage....

Hey Dan,
I've been on a rack for a long time now. Lots of plusses, including no bottom paint and less corrosion issues. There is very little inconvenience with the launch on demand system, I've almost never had to wait more than a few minutes. Same with coming back in, there's usually an open space at the dock when I'm done for the day. Shoot me a PM, I'd be glad to fill you in.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Rack storage....

Rack storage is the way to go. Call a hour before going and the boat is waiting in the water for you. Come back after a long day of fishing. Wash down boat. Clean fish (That's if you caught) and call it a day. Trailering a boat is a lot of work. Plus it can have it's hazards! Do it...you will not regret it! Good luck!
Old 02-02-2019, 02:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thanks for the replies guys. Pulled the trigger and secured a spot. Will def be nice not pulling the trailer! Trailered for close to 30 years and never minded it. I guess getting old is making me look for an easier way to do things!!!!

Now to get some boat work done.....come on spring!!!

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 03-29-2019, 07:09 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I'm thinking about the rack system also. Is there us ally fresh water hook up to flush motor and clean boat?
Old 03-29-2019, 07:53 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

My marina has freshwater hoses on the dock for cleaning, not sure how you would flush while in water? I used to flush when on trailer but have been on a rack for 6 years and never flush with no problem. Motor stays down so it drains.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:27 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Anyone with experience with marinas in Keyport area to use the rack system. Getting too old to trailer a 23 ft wa
Old 04-08-2020, 09:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I've towed in dozens of broken down boats to Gateway Marina, Twin Lights Marina and Monmouth Cove Marina over the past two decades. And every single time that marina had an employee waiting on the dock to help dock before I pulled the throttles back.

Excellent service. Albeit is or is NO Tip expected for the Forklift worker?
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 04-09-2020, 08:16 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I was racked at Browns Point....eh. Monmouth Cove overall is a better marina IMO and I keep it in the water there now. I see those guys there and the service is great. Its convenient as you dont have to run up the crowded river at no wake speed. Make a left to raritan bay...across to NY or right to sandy hook...easy access to all the fishing grounds. When its open unlike now, the bathrooms are spotless and never a complaint about the facility overall.

32ft SeaCraft Master Angler • "Avery Lynn"
WYLD G.F.I. Fishing Team

Sandy Hook Bay Anglers & Instagram