NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

P.U.O.S.U. 3 The Saga Continues - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Site Moderator

Default P.U.O.S.U. 3 The Saga Continues

PUOSU 3

1. LAB
2. RIVER RAT Jim X
3. COOL HAND FLUKE Al X
4. BOSTON PETE X
5. PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY JOHN X
6. MVP Alex X
TAUTOG 1 Paul OUT
KIMMIE OUT
7. STELIOS X
8. FOUL HOOK Tony X
9. SLOW SCOTT Scooter X
10. MICKRAZZ Michael X
11. FIN S Bob X
12. SMOKEY JOE Tom X
BACCALA Dave OUT Has to get snow plows ready for Sunday
13. GERRY Z X
14. J MURR Joey X
15. Rob B X
16. D ROD David X
17. Snaps Tony X
18. Tats Dave X
19. Clam Strings Sean X
20. Big Fish Tales Mike X

Eamon Ed OUT

PUT UP OR SHUT UP 3

Saturday 12/18 on The Mimi
$85 – covers fare, pool, tip and donation. EXACT CHANGE CASH AT THE BOAT.
Board in order listed.
ALL prior winners invited. Invited 1st, 2nd and 3rd place from last year.
Invited Gerry to get even.
Invited anyone who has been on first two PUOSU trips. (that I can remember)
We have 21 confirmed already for this trip. Will consider taking 24. Please READ the rules and plead your case. I will consider ALL requests in a FAIR AND EQUITABLE manner.
NEW RULE FOR THIS YEAR – ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE BAIT; BOAT BAIT ONLY; GREEN CRABS - PERIOD!
Winner (biggest single fish) gets the pool and the crown. 2nd place gets nothing; Put Up Or Shut Up!

ODDS:
2. River Rat is THE CHALK – Even money. He’s got the crown and the cash and is Da King until knocked off his pedestal.

3. Cool Hand Fluke – The House is staying with it’s belief that nice guys finish last. No One is nicer than Al so………….99 to 1

4. Boston Pete – Avid fisherman, Brooklynite, founding member of UB3 and a member of the BBS Club. BUT…….he recently made the worst mistake any fisherman can make; Got Married. Instead of fine-tuning his game before this trip, he’ll probably be off antique shopping. 7 to 1

5. Peanut Butter & Jelly – The Queen of the BBS, VP of UB3 and also from Brooklyn. That and $1.50 gets you a cup of cawfy @ Dunkin Donuts Johnny B! This guy is Mr One & Done and today won’t be THAT one. 10 to 1

6. MVP – Alex hones his skills up and down the coast and has posted some impressive catches. But does he have the moxie to be the King? The House says NO 12 to 1

7. Tautog 1 – The House also has a rule about people naming themselves after the fish they “THINK” they can catch. This is BLACKFISHING, not a Texas Death Match………25 to 1

8. Kimmie – She’ll out fish Paul and out drink Smokey Joe but no chance in hell she’ll win…..24.9 to 1

9. Stelios – The House has pumped this guy for 2 years and he has disappointed in a BIG WAY. Big “Hat’s Off” on his success in his personal quest to be MY twin but………….PUOSU and he hasn’t……..8 to 1

10. Foul Hook – Tony’s another “nice guy”. Fun to fish with but no chance to take this year’s crown…..30 to 1

11. Scott – aka “Slow Scott” or Scooter. He won PUOSU 1. He’ll see your bite and steal your fish. If he can’t get in by stealth to your bite, he’ll move you with flying sinkers. Downside is he lost his lucky circa 1970 Flyers hat and with that his mojo. The ONLY member of “Team HRU” who can back up his BOASTING!!! BUT spending more time chasing wimmin than fishing so Scooter…….3 to 1 Baby.

12. MickRazz – Mick also puts in his time on THIS specie (much of it before the captain tells the boat to drop down). Ties a nice slim beauty and his reels don’t make a lot of noise. But he’s a hot head who can be taken off his game EASILY. If he starts catching fish, we just go next to him and bounce our sinker for a minute – DONE! “HRU YOU” old man 10 to 1

13. Fin S – Bob always comes “close”. Close to winning PUOSU 1. Close to getting his head taken off by Scooter. Close to ………..oh nevermind…….I ain’t going there lol. He is a member of UB3 and gets personal training from PB&J. His downside is he ALSO is an “Antiquer”. Boobie your 5 to 1

14. Smokey Joe – Tom fishes on a bunch of charters all tog season and always takes home a ton of fish. Only problem is the fish he usually takes home were caught by Big Al. The best BBQ in the state and can stand at the rail with the wind in his face all day long. But catching the biggest fish???????? NADA BABY 200 to 1

15. Baccala – Dave spends way too much working or raising his daughters. Although I know he has a “dark side”, he is still a NICE GUY. And he’ll be babysitting Stellie all day so 40 to 1; and that’s a gift!

16. Gerry Z – After posting “Gerry Z is a much better black fisherman than I” for 2 months after PUOSU 2, it’s time for payback. If he turns his back, I’ll be nicking up his leader. If he goes in the cabin for food, I’ll be dulling his hooks. I’m even gonna bring a little cooler with liquor and beer to put next to him so he can wet his whistle whenever he’d like. You’re Going Down. 99 to 1

Gerry says : I feel another side bet coming on Mikey

17. J Murr – Joe Murray…….Temple Graduate, Philadelphia resident, Flyer’s fan, Phillie’s fan …….blah blah blah. He’d rather eat a sea raven than a tog (maybe because he can’t CATCH a tog?). This ain’t “Ling A Ding 3” Joey Boyo……..250 to 1

18. Rob B. - Another njfishing member who talks a better game than he catches. This ain’t a Saturday night @ The Broadway with the boyz seeing who can bring home the cutest “Bottle Blonde” or Who can drink the most single malt scotch. This is Blackfishing. 150 to 1

19. D Rod – David is another who puts his time in up and down the coast. Although he is a “nice guy”, he’s NOT a “Nice Guy”………he’s got the hard-ass style to be taken as a SERIOUS threat. After getting squeaked out by Rat last year……..he’s itchin’ to win this year. 4 to 1

20. Snaps – Tony’s just a glorified caddy for MickRazz; another YES MAN. He catches when EVERYONE catches and whines when he ain’t catching. HRU WHAT?????? 75 to 1

21. Tats – Dave is the kind of KID I’d love my daughter to bring home; clean cut, respectful, he works and he fishes. NOT WELL but he fishes. Big Deal, he out fished JMurr on a recent trip…..So did 2 wimmin and 1 dead stick. HRU WHO??? 65 to 1

22. Eamon - Oh he'll post great pics and reports from his trips, he'll fish on that "FAMOUS" blackfish boat from Belmar (thinks he's learning from the best lol) but push come to shove; He's a liberal (right Mickrazz?) and a hack. Couple that with being just another Nice Guy (how come I know so many nice guys?) puts him @ 99 to 1

23. Clam Strings - Grew up on the boats and USED to put in his time (until he got married). Sean may be friendly but he is CERTAINLY not a Nice Guy. He can flat out fish and The House puts him @ 3 to 1

24. Big Fish Tales - Gottog thinks he's learned everything that Glenn and Gregg over in Sheepshead Bay know about blackfishing. No Mikey....It's everything YOU know you learned from them......NOT you know everything THEY know! Will be practicing folding diapers instead of timing his tog swing so.................20 to 1

Last edited by Life's A Beach; 12-17-2010 at 06:18 PM..
Old 10-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Site Moderator

Default Re: P.U.O.S.U. 3 The Saga Continues

PUOSU 1 group

PUOSU 1 winner

PUOSU 2 winner

PUOSU 2 2nd place

PUOSU 2 3rd place
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Group1.JPG
Views:	1049
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	28333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scooter.JPG
Views:	1004
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	28334   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rat Pool Winner.JPG
Views:	1000
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	28335   Click image for larger version

Name:	D Rod 2nd Place.JPG
Views:	983
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	28336   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB&J 3rd Place.JPG
Views:	985
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	28337  

Old 10-14-2010, 06:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hi Lab,

I was on last years trip and would like a chance to get out there again. Let me know. I am the best dressed fishermen and will let you catch more fish than me.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:56 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

i love being the underdog!!! Phillys taking home another world series and the Puosu title this year! Mikey wheres your odds or not enough room to fit the #'s ahahahahah i just look forward to showing Mickrazz my new clicker and the tamborine bite notifier

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 10-14-2010, 07:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I WANT IN.

-I was NOT in saga 1 as I felt my game was NOT on par with those in the league.

-after spending a year under the coaching of the MiMi staff, i did enter saga 2

- I DID get close enough to the action to have my picture in TWO of the FOUR photo's in this thread

-I personally know Scoundrel who was also on saga 2. if he doesn't get in, i can borrow his always up to date tog slaying equipment

-Smokey Joe, Mickrazz, River Rat, Boston Pete, JMurr, Tonu Snaps, PB and J and Tautog1 have all said hello to me SINCE the last trip

- My post is FIRST in what will be a LONG LINE of beggars (note the correct spelling of beggars)

Last edited by ReelNauti; 10-14-2010 at 07:10 PM..
Old 10-14-2010, 07:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

where was my invite? I was on one and two!

would love to go, will even publish a public apology for the banana

Last edited by shrimpman steve; 10-14-2010 at 07:27 PM..
Old 10-14-2010, 07:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpman steve
in if there is room!
AFTER THE SHENANIGANS YOU PULLED LAST YEAR! YOU GOT NERVE!!!!!!!!!

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 10-14-2010, 07:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

it is a sad day if I am not invited because of a little joke!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurr711
AFTER THE SHENANIGANS YOU PULLED LAST YEAR! YOU GOT NERVE!!!!!!!!!

carefull, or you may be the next one to find a banana in your bag
Old 10-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Banned

Sign me up. Snaps is getting too old to carry Mickrazz's rods all by himself.