NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2018 Hybrid Meet & Greet - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2018, 07:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2018 Hybrid Meet & Greet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred E. Goose View Post
If you're doing the bait and wait, you'll probably be fine just sitting. The issue comes when you have one or both people standing and casting. Both people shift weight in the one direction, or one's weight shift catches the other off guard.
This is partially accurate... Only when I fish with pops can we both stand and fish most of the day without any issues. Usually anyone else that comes out with me sits, and holds on, while I stand and rock the boat. The first dump was with an inexperienced friend who was standing, lost his balance, then went swimming. Unfortunately he took me and most of my gear in with him.....

The second time was me standing, trying to navigate through 2 lay downs on opposite sides of the river, hitting a submerged log, and going in. Unfortunately, I took pops, and all my gear in with me, lol.......

Oh yeah, both times in the Big P. luckily it was in one of the less polluted sections but it still wasn't fun to have to swim after gear that was floating away...... I remember getting out of the water, emptying my pockets, and seeing one of my oars floating by. So yeah, I jumped back in to grab it, had to row back to the launch.......