NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

bigger slabs slower fishing - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-15-2019, 08:13 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default bigger slabs slower fishing

could not get out saturday morning so i waited till 3pm and hit the cong.1st spot
was allot of small crappies and a few slime darts along with a state stocked rainbow.at 4:30 we left that spot and headed to a another spot.very slow to start.had a few sunnies and perch but man was it slow.we stuck it out and worked the spot hard till 7pm and then it happened.my brother hooks up and
out comes a good crappie.couple cast later he does it again,another good one.
i'm throwing sticks trying to get something to eat when he hooks up again.these are all good ones.so i say the hell with the sticks and start working the boober and jig and hook a good one asap.by no means a slaughter but a real good pick of the biggest crappies i have seen this season.we fished till we could not see the bobbers and still caught a few in the dark.we threw sticks till 9:30pm with out a touch so we bagged it and headed home.all fished released.we are talking on the way home about the size of the fish and decide to hit the spot at 5:30am
sunday morning so we could get a few for lunch.the big crappies are there and
hungry.we put 10 in the bucket from 12 to 14-1/2 inches.we had a good pick till 8:30 and it died.check 2 other spots out but no love so we headed home to clean& cook some crappie.with the chatter of a storm coming in later we decide to try to head back up at 5pm.no rain so off we go back to the spot
were we had been catching.a little slow till 6:15 and then it started again.1st fish was a 18" walleye on the bobber & jig.my brother released it and we start
catching a mix of nice crappie,perch,gills,cats and of course darts.as it is getting dark we start throwing sticks.its not long before my stick gets crushed.i set the hook and get some real head shacks.i'm thinking walley but no,the biggest bullhead i have ever caught.we called it a night and headed home.we released all fish caught.all and all we had a good weekend on the lake.we even had a badger sighting
Old 04-15-2019, 09:04 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: bigger slabs slower fishing

The lake is alive and well. Sounds like a good time out there as always. YEA BUDDY!!!
Old 04-15-2019, 10:23 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question Re: bigger slabs slower fishing

Finally, a stocked trout was caught, let me know if you see the other 8999 stocked trout in there !!
Old 04-15-2019, 10:43 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: bigger slabs slower fishing

there being caught all around the lake Andy.the bass guys are catching them
too.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: bigger slabs slower fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker dunker View Post
there being caught all around the lake Andy.the bass guys are catching them
too.