NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

About 200 yds of feel good! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-23-2020, 11:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default About 200 yds of feel good!

Been hitting the river lately and only with lures, was able to land a few small pike. Nothing crazy, and definitely no frenzies but stayed busy at least. Also had brought some bags with me so while baiting and waiting for some cold carp to show up, was able to clear about the whole stretch I fish on the west side of the river. Even got 2 tires outta there! Felt good afterwards & will definitely feel good beating the banks with them being cleaner! Found a few lures/weights/bobbers/hooks and another reel as well. So I was thinking, if I show in a post some of the stuff you find while doing a clean-up, maybe we'll see more of these threads or some cleaner spots upon arrival. So besides the pic itself, I've given away soo many lures I've found from the river to a few friends, a few kids, and also a stranger or two that happened to be in need. Have and have given away numerous poles & reels to all the same reason. Nets, minnow traps, terminal tackle, I mean EVERYTHING FISHING! Plus more, some that I can't share publicly. So just to prove a point, it definitely not only feels good to see the aftermath, but you will literally be paid back by your waterways! The river giveth and the river taketh away.

Old 01-24-2020, 07:46 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: About 200 yds of feel good!

outstanding report brother. Andy is going to like that you are cleaning up just like he does. That is an impressive collection of lures. your karma will be repaid, thank you for cleaning up.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:51 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thanks for the cleanup efforts, I know that river gets beat up pretty hard with liter.
Order some new hooks in bulk and get em on those baits woohoo
Old 01-24-2020, 08:02 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

that is a good haul! Karma paying you back
Old 01-24-2020, 04:15 PM
dakota560

Esox great report as others have said. Even better job keeping the waterways clean and more so giving people less fortunate the fruits of your labor. A real class act! Not only is that a ton of lures, that's some crazy variety!

AWESOME job my friends, you would definitely make Andy proud and make us all proud! Hopefully the good karma thing holds true and you land a 30 lb. Northern on your next outing!
Old 01-24-2020, 10:51 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thumbs up Re: About 200 yds of feel good!

Kudos for a job well done and it's good to see the positive effect it had on you as well as the environment. I thought that it's supposed to be better to give than receive but you got both. lol That's quite a bunch of baits!
Thanks
Old 01-24-2020, 10:56 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Great work, Esox. Leaving the river a better place, and helping others as well. That's just amazing. Good karma coming your way.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:11 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota560 View Post
Hopefully the good karma thing holds true and you land a 30 lb. Northern on your next outing!
Yea, I wish! Was out there yesterday and saw a HUGE smallie...about 6 inches long. So maybe not the next outing, but hopefully one that follows. As for those lures without hooks, they'll probably be given to someone too before I get around to wanting to use them, except the rat-L-traps, I like those.
Again, since all I saw was that enormous smallie, got to beat up the banks a bit more. Filled a can on the east side of the falls(no pic), then went to the west side and beat that side up a bit. Got a couple cans filled with another bag filled & another tire. If you happened to help, the river would've given you another $30 handful of hookless lures and a Bushnell Trophy trail cam with sdH1 card. Not too bad at $100. But free is better! Gonna wait to see if it still works though, looks like it's still good.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:54 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Wow great job, thanx for the effort !

It was a funny recent trip down the world famous South Holston river in Tennessee. The guide seemed a little taken back that I was actually somewhat more interested in the garbage in the river than the fish itself. As we got lower on the river more and more trash became visible, at one point we drifted over 4 tires just laying on the bottom of the river. Than I thought to myself, well heck, the Raritan river is cleaner than this ! Just before we took out there was a cliff behind a house that backed up to the river. On that cliff and in the river were metal bed frames, dishwashers, washing machines and dryers, YUCK !! The guide said it's tough with the tires because most places in Tennessee charge anywhere form 10 to 12 dollars per tire for disposal, New Jersey was $2.50 at the Mavis in town.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1956.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	139961  
Old 01-26-2020, 06:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

This is awesome! Man, look at all the fishing gear! Haha! Wow! Well done bro!