NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Big H 02-06-2021 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-08-2021, 12:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Big H 02-06-2021

So with moving back to BK behind me i can finally post.

Hate moving.

Anyways to fun part.

Been ice fishing pretty much from Christmas to now anywhere in Jersey to Upstate NY

This weekend report

Fished Woodport area of Big H again and one again it was perch, perch and more perch show. Besides doing the usual damage on tip ups, they decided to play around with jigs as well. We had about 3 to 5 inches of compacted snow in some spots but for most of it were standing solidly on 7 inches of hard water. This is a fist year i havent caught a single sunny yet and it amazes me. Did manage to find some pickerel this time but perch still outnumbers them 10 to 1.

Good time to be out with a crew. Back again on Saturday for more perch tacos.

Tight Lines

Andre
Old 02-08-2021, 04:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Big H 02-06-2021

Where’s my pickled Pickerel? Sounds like some good catching brother. Putin approves of the tasty Perch in your bucket!
Old 02-08-2021, 08:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Big H 02-06-2021

It seems that a muggin is in order, you have the perch where you are and i have a ton of sunnies where i am the perch and crappies are decent but you have to get through 20 to 30 sunnies first and now the slime darts are showing up to the party lost a rippin rap the other day..
Old 02-09-2021, 09:51 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Eddie,

All fish were donated this time to hungry masses which were not producing. On a side note one of the perch actually made a trip to BK alive and now been declared endangered species by my friends 6 year old daughter. She is watching him like a hawk.
But it is coming brother with weather we have we might actually end up fishing into middle of March.

Badger,

Please come and mug away. The pickerel ring of death will surround you to protect those jigs. On a side note i have not been having much luck jigging them up and over 80% came on tip ups. Better and bigger size as well. Last weekend biggest one was pushing almost 14 inches and he inhaled large shiner like nothing.

Andre
Old 02-09-2021, 02:34 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Andre, great report. I was out and about on Saturday with moderate success, with more perch and sunnies. Started to see some of my go to spots supporting fishable ice.

Maybe I will see you around. I'll be the guy with the blue chair. TD
Old 02-10-2021, 09:25 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

TD,

Would be great man.

Look out for a group of 3 or 4 with a red chair. Hoping to be out at Henderson this Saturday if you in the area. If not there, then we might move to Cranberry just to mess around in different spot. See you on hard water buddy. Tea is always hot and drinks are cold with food always plentiful.

With park opening at 8 now and closing at 4, cant have two hours wasted so kinda shining away from it now.

Andre
Old 02-10-2021, 10:10 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrushkin33 View Post
TD,

Would be great man.

Look out for a group of 3 or 4 with a red chair. Hoping to be out at Henderson this Saturday if you in the area. If not there, then we might move to Cranberry just to mess around in different spot. See you on hard water buddy. Tea is always hot and drinks are cold with food always plentiful.

With park opening at 8 now and closing at 4, cant have two hours wasted so kinda shining away from it now.

Andre
closes at 4??? since when? supposed to be sunset! last week, was there til after dark, did they just change it?
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 02-10-2021, 12:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Chris,

Right at the park gate they have new hours. Suppose to be from sunrise to sunset. Now you can only get in after 8 and at 4 they start moving you out. Friends got thrown out twice at 7am already and reported that at 4 they were told to hurry along. Haven't been myself to test it and not really planning to.

Andre
Old 02-11-2021, 09:42 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrushkin33 View Post
Chris,

Right at the park gate they have new hours. Suppose to be from sunrise to sunset. Now you can only get in after 8 and at 4 they start moving you out. Friends got thrown out twice at 7am already and reported that at 4 they were told to hurry along. Haven't been myself to test it and not really planning to.

Andre
i went yesterday. they didn't make announcement till 5:30... and we didn't leave lot til 6 by the time we got back, nobody hassled us. fishing was pretty decent too, plenty of perch mostly good sized and bluegill over 8" too
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 02-11-2021, 10:12 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Chris,

Its Russian Collusion i am telling you. LoL

Plenty of other places to fish on lake anyways. I am trying to finally have a year without catching a single bluegill through the ice while still jigging or perch and crappie.

Andre