NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Hobie i12s Kayak - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 01-15-2012, 09:32 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Hobie i12s Kayak

Hey all,

Hope you're enjoying your iceless winter so far (/sigh/). I ran into some good fortune recently with an old company's acquisition and was seriously looking into a Hobie Mirage i12s kayak. Before you jump on my case, here are the reasons why I am looking:

1. I live in a condo and this would pack away real nice.
2. Load capacity is great. I weigh near 250 and being able to pack overnight stuffs in there would be a big advantage for my adventures
3. I can fish with two hands because of the pedal drive.
4. Looks pretty stable in the water from what I can see.

Have you guys had any experience on any of the Hobie inflatable kayaks? Can you describe your experience and what type of water you have fished in? This is obviously a good place to ask because we all fish similar water. I wanted to look at fishing bays and maybe close to the beach in this thing while searching for some summertime fluke, but mostly I'll hit northern lakes and rivers. Any input on any of these boats would be awesome and greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys,
David
Old 01-19-2012, 07:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Hobie i12s Kayak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboyd101
Hey all,

Hope you're enjoying your iceless winter so far (/sigh/). I ran into some good fortune recently with an old company's acquisition and was seriously looking into a Hobie Mirage i12s kayak. Before you jump on my case, here are the reasons why I am looking:

1. I live in a condo and this would pack away real nice.
2. Load capacity is great. I weigh near 250 and being able to pack overnight stuffs in there would be a big advantage for my adventures
3. I can fish with two hands because of the pedal drive.
4. Looks pretty stable in the water from what I can see.

Have you guys had any experience on any of the Hobie inflatable kayaks? Can you describe your experience and what type of water you have fished in? This is obviously a good place to ask because we all fish similar water. I wanted to look at fishing bays and maybe close to the beach in this thing while searching for some summertime fluke, but mostly I'll hit northern lakes and rivers. Any input on any of these boats would be awesome and greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys,
David
There are quite a few of us that have Hobie yaks on NJF. I have never known anyone thast has the i12s but it looks nice. There are 3-4 of us that do the Elks Fluke tournament in the kayak division.

If you want to come with us one weekend, just keep in touch.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:19 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Hobie i12s Kayak

Hey Howard -

Thanks for the reply and great to know! I have tried to do research online and the content out there is pretty limited. I stopped by Campmor the other night on my way to my study and the guys working there had similar experience as you, been in hobies, not necessarily the i12s, but they love the hobie line. Thanks for the input and the advice. If/when this happens I'll definitely give you guys a shout!

Cheers,
Dave