NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Launch Ramp - Navesink River (Red Bank Area) - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 08-19-2019, 09:55 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Launch Ramp - Navesink River (Red Bank Area)

Anyone know of a launch ramp in this area for a 19' CC? Was gonna try crabbing up there. Not sure where to put in. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:06 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Launch Ramp - Navesink River (Red Bank Area)

There's a county park launch adjacent to Chris' deli and liquor on Front Street, but it's tricky at low tide so time your adventure accordingly.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Exclamation Re: Launch Ramp - Navesink River (Red Bank Area)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunate Son View Post
There's a county park launch adjacent to Chris' deli and liquor on Front Street, but it's tricky at low tide so time your adventure accordingly.
The actual building for Chris' Deli is now just a memory, but the parking lot is still there. You can see the ramp from the parking lot, just go on down the little hill. Very low water even back in the day when it was dredged, channel (and I use that term lightly) had as little as 13" of water at low tide. Be careful!

I FISH I VOTE I MARCHED (BOTH TIMES.)
Old 08-25-2019, 12:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

The Sink has limited ramp access and almost all are seasonal for $125 or so... Fairhaven(LOW WATER) or Rumson.

The river has a 30-36 inch tidal rise and fall. So time that Red Bank ramp launch/retrieve on the NW side of the Main/Front Street bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olbarneybasser View Post
Anyone know of a launch ramp in this area for a 19' CC? Was gonna try crabbing up there. Not sure where to put in. Any help would be appreciated.
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 08-26-2019, 06:49 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I was in it on Saturday, but launched in Leonardo and came around the highlands. Wasn't a bad ride at all.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:22 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Even closer to the Navesink if you don't mind the ride is Atlantic Highlands Municipal Harbor which has a HUGE ramp. Can launch 4 at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunate Son View Post
I was in it on Saturday, but launched in Leonardo and came around the highlands. Wasn't a bad ride at all.
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 08-27-2019, 08:41 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Thanks everyone for the input. Think I might take the route Fortunate Son recommended.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by olbarneybasser View Post
Thanks everyone for the input. Think I might take the route Fortunate Son recommended.
You can do that of course, but the AH ramp is MUCH better, has better water depth at low tide, its closer, and unless things have changed, it was actually $1 cheaper than Leonardo last time i was down there.. I would certainly go that route instead of leonardo... bob
Old 08-30-2019, 06:57 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

The problem I have with AH is lack of immediate access to a dock. My old school outboard likes to warm up for a few minutes before pushing the boat, so I prefer to float it off the trailer and up to the dock using the lines. You can do that at Leonardo, but not at AH where you need to power up right off the trailer. Since I drive the boat and the truck, I can't be in both places at once, but most able bodied helper can pull the boat to the dock.

Just my humble opinion from having used both facilities. If I had a more cooperative outboard and someone capable of parking a trailer, then I would use AH.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:22 PM
NJFishing.com Member

I agree AH is much the better ramp and once you're in from the ramp, a quick right turn to leave the harbor and you're headed to the river. Just head northeast at the end of the breakwater till you get to the channel heading into Highlands. There is a big shallow sand bank if you try to go a straight line out of the harbor to Highlands.

If you have a buddy, you can definitely float your boat off the trailer at Atlantic Highlands ramp. Need to be at the extreme right side of ramp closest to the floating dock. Back about half way down the ramp, stop and toss two 15-20 ft deck lines to your buddy standing on the elevated pier heading toward the floating dock. As you back the trailer down into the water and the boat starts to float, your buddy pulls and walks the boat out to the floating dock and ties up. Not hard at all if you're a coordinated team. A bit harder if you're alone, but still doable.

You can do this on the left side of the ramp too at high and mid tides, but at low tide that portion of the ramp has too much slime.

Reverse sequence on coming in if you can't drive onto the trailer. Maybe try it during the week the first time if you can, to avoid crowds. Good luck.