NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Nwe Blackfish and Sea Bass Regulations Imminent - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:19 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Nwe Blackfish and Sea Bass Regulations Imminent

Well if lowering the bag limit doesn't help then increasing it shouldn't hurt. Maybe we should all just take the night off.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs down Re: Nwe Blackfish and Sea Bass Regulations Imminent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander II
I did not know that they used an average. So why don't they make the bag limit 5 or 10 fish. Do you really need 25 fish per person? I realize that is the way they figure the tonage, but if they lowered the bag limit, that would lower the average. Simple math. If the average is lowered, than maybe they would extend the season and give the party boats their winter fishery back. Give and take.
Do you really want to pay $200 for an offshore seabass trip??? for 5or 10 fish. get real!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbank104
how many party boats in jersey go for sea bass in the summer just wondering
Only the Dauntless and Paramount and sometimes the Angler on fridays. Those are the only ones I can think of. Seabass are basically a fluke trip bycatch.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalfisherman
Only the Dauntless and Paramount and sometimes the Angler on fridays. Those are the only ones I can think of.
Quote:
Seabass are basically a fluke trip bycatch.
Some statement - incorrect!

As far as the nexus of NJFishing, for those of us who love to catch and find seabass wonderful to eat, there are quite a few charter/6-packs that target seabass, and there is a good following of people who who want to go and essentially pay double for a seat, compared to a PB. Besides great knowledge of wrecks and rough bottom that hold a lot of seabass, these boats can cover far more water in a day finding them for their patrons than a PB. You know their names from posts on here.

From BI south to Cape May these are many very good PB targeting seabass in the summer, and for the less frugal, some other very good charter operations.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnK
Some statement - incorrect!

As far as the nexus of NJFishing, for those of us who love to catch and find seabass wonderful to eat, there are quite a few charter/6-packs that target seabass, and there is a good following of people who who want to go and essentially pay double for a seat, compared to a PB. Besides great knowledge of wrecks and rough bottom that hold a lot of seabass, these boats can cover far more water in a day finding them for their patrons than a PB. You know their names from posts on here.

From BI south to Cape May these are many very good PB targeting seabass in the summer, and for the less frugal, some other very good charter operations.
Question was about party boats. Name one I didn't mention?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:59 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleyankfan
I'm not speaking for Capt Adam but sometimes he probably reads posts and think ....

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very(fishing ) freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way
Gold.