NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Security Concern - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-13-2018, 11:37 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Security Concern

hopatcong state park gates are open 24/7 'out of season'. once you have to pay to get in between memorial day and labor day they are locked when the park closes (not sure of the time, but def not open at night at that point)
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 03-19-2018, 09:51 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

anyone going this week?
Old 03-20-2018, 01:03 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedane View Post
I’m sure these are the rules, however I’m fishing these places and have never put my linense anywhere visible. Been fishing these places about ten years and I have PA tags. Lucky I guess
As long as you're in your own vehicle if a C.O. pulls in to check he can run your tag, get your info(name,address,etc) and then run that info on the NJF&W system to see if you have a current license. Even though they're not supposed to have to go through with this whole process the C.O.'s in NJ are pretty damned decent folks and will generally not hassle you about not displaying the proper documents in your vehicle window. That's not to say you should just ignore the reg, just saying should you happen to have an occasional 'senior moment' they'll usually let it pass. That is, provided you're record is clean and you don't give them a hard time should you happen to return while they're by your vehicle.

Last edited by Dave B.; 03-20-2018 at 01:07 AM..
Old 03-20-2018, 08:56 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

You might be a little paranoid. This has been a requirement for years and I've never heard of info found on a license being used to break into a house. Not that it never happened or possibly couldn't If you are concered, bring you garage door opener with you on the boat and black out everything but your name. Sure they can google your name and find your address. Perhaps you can black out your last name too.