NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Sunday 4/19/20 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-20-2020, 02:25 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Sunday 4/19/20

Finally got out for the first time in 2020 for a little troutin'. Made my way to the stocked lake in town around noon. The sun was out and it felt great to be outside. The wind seemed to pick up a little while after getting out. Clouds rolled in after being out for 2 hours or so. Managed 5 small bows, nothing to write home about. It was nice to feel the sun on my back. Plus, I can put off going to Stop N Shop for a day since last I saw chicken was ~$8.00 / Lb.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic1.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	140628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic2.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	140629  
Old 04-21-2020, 12:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Sunday 4/19/20

Nicely done 👍🏻

Probably tastes great with that leinenkugel's summer shandy. Some people don’t like the taste of the stocked trout but I think they are delicious if properly prepared, even my kids will eat them which says it all.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate01 View Post
Nicely done 👍🏻

Probably tastes great with that leinenkugel's summer shandy. Some people don’t like the taste of the stocked trout but I think they are delicious if properly prepared, even my kids will eat them which says it all.
tastes good to me with oil+butter and simple spices, baked right in the oven with foil.
My dad only ever brought home trout so cant compare it to anything else. I might try some tasty raritan river carp. i heard they are a delicacy and there are thousands of them throughout the river.

Im thinking of filleting em. If anyone has further suggestions lmk
Old 04-21-2020, 04:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I fillet them, cut out the strip of bones right down the center of the fillet, put them in a baking pan with oil, butter, lemon juice, paprika, chopped onions and garlic, cover it with foil and bake it at 450 until it flakes (I like it well done so it’s about 25-30 minutes, which is too long for most people). I use a pan instead of a foil wrap because a chef friend of mine told me that the acid in the lemon can react with the foil and fill your food with aluminum otherwise. I googled it and it seems to be true.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:43 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmyorke1 View Post
tastes good to me with oil+butter and simple spices, baked right in the oven with foil.
My dad only ever brought home trout so cant compare it to anything else. I might try some tasty raritan river carp. i heard they are a delicacy and there are thousands of them throughout the river.

Im thinking of filleting em. If anyone has further suggestions lmk
carp is going to be a difficult fish to fillet. i have caught a few in Europe and they are bony as hell. there may be special techniques for doing it, like people do for pike. you can probably find something through research.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Sunday 4/19/20

Dinner is served. Nice catch man. Enjoy your meal!