NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

7/4 report - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-05-2013, 05:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default 7/4 report

Well we decided to make the 75 mile drive to mountain on Thursday. Beautiful lake and beautiful day. Got about 100 feet from the ramp and saw our first big muskie of the day. About five minutes later we see another boat pick one up on live bait. I think they were actually bass fishing. Looked to be about 40". Casted for a while for both bass and Muskie and got nothing so decided to troll. Got a big hit on a large soft plastic only to reel itin and find half the bait was now gone. Saw a lot of Muskie but couldn't get anything to commit. Picked up one nice bass on a crankbait, about 3.5#.

Left mountain and we were on furnace around 1130. Intended to fish for Muskie there as well but there was bass blowing up all over. We couldn't resist. Started throwing kvd coffee scented worms and senkos and picked up solid bass after solid bass. Lost count. Ended up see 2 or 3(may have seen the same one twice) really nice tigers cruising really shallow. All in all a great day. Off the water by 2.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 7/4 report

Might have saw you guys at mountain.. I was loading in around 10:30 black pick up truck and green Jon boat. I talked to a couple people while I was loading in. May have been you guys? Anyways I guess all the action was in the morning cause I didn't see a dam thing lol
Old 07-05-2013, 06:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto1227
Might have saw you guys at mountain.. I was loading in around 10:30 black pick up truck and green Jon boat. I talked to a couple people while I was loading in. May have been you guys? Anyways I guess all the action was in the morning cause I didn't see a dam thing lol

Yeah that was us man. I got back in the truck and said man that guy looks familiar. I think I've seen him posting on the forums haha. We saw a bunch of fish shallow early on then saw nothing on our second loop around the lake.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I was there also with my uncle and 2 other guys we were trolling but nothing my uncles friend was trolling and missed 3 Muskie and his buddy caught one around 33 inches. Was there from 5 am to around 11.