NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Special eye glasses - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:51 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Special eye glasses

I am looking to get a special set of eye glasses. What I want is bifocals with the magnifying part on top. Regular bifocals drive me crazy when I am walking looking down through the magnifying part. The best thing I found so far is the reading glasses that clip to the bill of a hat. They work pretty good if I have the bill of the hat up a little so I can look under them for most things and lean my head down to look through them when I need magnification. The problem is the clip on's are not the best quality and don't last long. Also I don't always want to wear a hat. So bifocals with the magnification on top should work out good for me. If something like that is even available. Or any other suggestions...Charlie
Old 02-07-2015, 09:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Special eye glasses

Give Jamie a call from Eyes on First. She is a sponsor here

89 First Ave., Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716 732-291-EYES(3937)
Old 02-09-2015, 10:45 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Next time I am near the Highlands I will have to stop in... Charlie
Old 02-09-2015, 09:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Hey man!
I do the eyeglass thing as well so maybe I can give a small amount of direction.
Years back I made a pair of shooting glasses for my father in law. They had a flat top 28 style bifocal (D shaped) ground upside down in the top part of one lens (his dominant eye) so he could sight down range with the bulk of the lens and then with a slight downward tilt of his head see the sights clearly at arms length. Tricky part is you have to be VERY specific with your Optometrist as to the working distance you desire ( distance to the object you wish to see). Another way of accomplishing this is to buy a good quality set of frames that come with a sunglass clip on. Your distance Rx will be mounted into the frame then a clear lens with the bifocal will be mounted into the clip on as described above. This is a more costly route but the glasses can be worn normally by removing the clip.
There of course will be as many opinions as there are Opticians so stop at a couple places and ask for ideas. Eyes On First would be a good choice given its location close to fishing Mecca. No doubt she will have some great suggestions as well.
Good luck!
Old 04-03-2015, 01:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Bi-focal contacts. Been wearing them for years.