NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Musconnetcong River - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-11-2011, 02:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Musconnetcong River

Hey Guys, I was thinking of taking a day off this week for some trout on Friday. However I noticed there was a sign there that Fridays fishing was closed... any ideas if this is true and why? I noticed this week they're stocking there Tuesday. Please let me know. Thanks and sorry if this is a silly question.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:04 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Musconnetcong River

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBallLarry
Hey Guys, I was thinking of taking a day off this week for some trout on Friday. However I noticed there was a sign there that Fridays fishing was closed... any ideas if this is true and why? I noticed this week they're stocking there Tuesday. Please let me know. Thanks and sorry if this is a silly question.
If fishing is closed there on Fridays it is because that is the day they stock that river. Normally you can fish after 5pm the day a river is stocked.

Hope that helps,
Mark
Old 04-11-2011, 02:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Yes that was what I was thinking. However, i just checked the site this morning and they are stocking it Tomorrow (Tuesday) this week.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Old Soft Salt

Quote:
Never heard of that.The So. Branch is stocked on Tuesdays
The Musky and the Pequest is and has been stocked on Fridays for as long as I can remember. As stated you can fish there after 5 pm. Bring you flack jacket if you go
Old 04-11-2011, 02:14 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Yes that was what I was thinking. However, i just checked the site this morning and they are stocking it Tomorrow (Tuesday) this week.
I just double check again and you are right. There is stocking Friday, I must have got the rivers confused. Thanks, so after 5pm I should be fine right?
Old 04-11-2011, 02:29 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

yes you can fish friday after 5pm.