NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Spruce Run Closed?? - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-07-2019, 10:32 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Spruce Run Closed??

Any update on this situation? I have Monday off and was planning to take the boat out on spruce run but wondering if I should call an audible and head somewhere else. Do these algae blooms tend to impact fishing? I already get skunked enough as it is a SR so if the fishing is going to be even tougher than normal I think I will just head to the south branch for smallies.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:29 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Boat ramps are open, my girlfriend launched her work boat there earlier in the week. Just swimming is prohibited.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 06-07-2019, 11:40 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by logs22 View Post
Any update on this situation? I have Monday off and was planning to take the boat out on spruce run but wondering if I should call an audible and head somewhere else. Do these algae blooms tend to impact fishing? I already get skunked enough as it is a SR so if the fishing is going to be even tougher than normal I think I will just head to the south branch for smallies.
I don't have any experience with fishing a harmful bloom, but Chrisper said "last time this happened on another lake the fishing sucked..."

Might be a good idea to call an audible, maybe bring the boat to another nearby lake or reservoir? Or like you said, theres always the smallies in the south branch. Good luck wherever you go!
Old 06-07-2019, 01:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookmanski View Post
I don't have any experience with fishing a harmful bloom, but Chrisper said "last time this happened on another lake the fishing sucked..."

Might be a good idea to call an audible, maybe bring the boat to another nearby lake or reservoir? Or like you said, theres always the smallies in the south branch. Good luck wherever you go!
i mean there are tons of variables that could've effected us that day, but i'd go somewhere else. We know the lake we fished very well and almost never got skunked there, til that day we fished it with the algae bloom fiasco haha
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 06-08-2019, 12:01 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
i mean there are tons of variables that could've effected us that day, but i'd go somewhere else. We know the lake we fished very well and almost never got skunked there, til that day we fished it with the algae bloom fiasco haha
That’s all I need to hear. Thanks! I keep my boat at Spruce Run so that is obviously the default but Merrill Creek isn’t far and now seems like a more promising option. If MC fails me I always have the usual pre and post south branch stops.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

It's fine. Just dont swim in the water or eat the fish until the bloom passes. I've exposed my hands/arms to the water and no ill effects...yet lol