NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fishermen To March On Washington, Dc - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Fishermen To March On Washington, Dc

Bus Trip
NRA Certified Range Safty Officer
Charolette Harbor,Floria
The ReelErIn
Come fish the flats
19' Key West 130 ETech
email: BillEnglehardt@yahoo.com
Old 12-12-2009, 04:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelErIn
Bus Trip
This is beginning to sound better nothing like a good old fashion protest.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Capt TB I posted your Post on a few major fishing websites even on some of the websites from the West Coast. That would be something if they would join the fight. I think this may get some steam rolling I only hope it does.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

As Captain Ron says " it's put up or shut up time"
I'm in I will need a ride either someone's car or a bus will to share gas or pay for the bus fare
if anyone needs me to be involved drop me a e-mail I have the time and willing to make calls or what ever it takes!
I'm ready!! I'm not doing this for me it's all about the Grandchildren and the next generation!! or maybe even next years fishing season!!
lets all get involved !!
Old 12-12-2009, 05:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I am in for a roadtrip

MVP
Old 12-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefish
Great concept but ...Feb 17 lets ask the weatherman, 5 degrees, blowing 25, snow and ice. Im all for it but I dont think it will attract the show of force necessary to make our leaders any more aware orresponsive. Im a very positive/can do person but there are factors here you cant control.
Great concept but......

Whatever dude. People will have their reasons for going or not going, that's cool. Fact is there is no time to wait for a beautiful mid-summers eve with light tropical breezes to do this.

If we wait till spring there will be that many more people out of business or going further down the tubes. We wait till summer people will be on vacation or fishing or whatever. We wait....well you get the point. There are always factors you can't control and if you wait for everything to be perfect you'll be waiting forever, going up against another protest on a different topic that might be more mainstream (since many of those kinds of issues wait for the "right" time as you suggest)

It's now or never and if people cannot get off work that is totally understandable. No one can be at everything, every time. If people do not wish to go that is understandable too, these types of things are not for everyone, and I'll count you among them and move on. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to stand in the cold after driving for hours, I'd rather not do it but feel it is needed and necessary.

To those asking about posting more info, etc., I will gladly do so when I get the boat that is in drydock back home, which will hopefully be Monday. I am out of touch from 4:30am till 6:30pm every day so I only have a couple hours each night. Have my kids B'day tomorrow then home (hopefully) from drydock Monday then after that I am all yours (sort of )

Please stay tuned, LOTS more to come with this one!
Old 12-13-2009, 02:10 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Keep posting info,I'm in.like the shirt idea,if I can help with organizing in any way let me know
Old 12-13-2009, 03:38 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Why not pic a colder day to have a march?
Old 12-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter
Why not pic a colder day to have a march?
Yawn.... See my previous post. Shall we wait till everyone is out of business and there are few if any other species to fish for before we march?

If people don't want to go because it is cold outside then so be it, everyone has their reasons for doing or not doing whatever it is they do or do not do.

The point is it is now or never, the clock is ticking. Looking at your handle, and having a 13 year old son, a father-in-law and a cousin who are avid bowhunters, I would ask if you only hunt on the sunniest, warmest days of the season? If so, then I would not recommend coming to the D.C. in February, it might be cold out

If there is truly any resolve amongst the businesses and fishermen to fight for what we believe is right, the timing should be as soon as possible before more damage is done, not when the temperature hits a certain level
Old 12-13-2009, 06:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thinking about a t-shirt that says,

"I WOULDN'T BE HERE IF YOU LET ME FISH!"

I FISH I VOTE I MARCHED (BOTH TIMES.)